Fri, Sep 20, 4:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: "Vision". Thoughts appreciated

Ianfe ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 2:09 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:28 AM

Still a work in progress, and a definite change from my usual style. What do you guys think? "Vision" I saw two lovers on different ends of a kiss, and riding on extreme ends of a wave, they bathed in a sea of blood. When the winds picked up, a malachite breath from a steamy sky, I saw two lovers, two angels, swim in facing directions. But the sun, burning desire of envious feeling, spake the waves and stirred them. I saw two lovers in funtile, static, movement. And the angels beat their wings against malachite whispers, thrust their arms towards bloody currents, and drowned their desire in fighting the tide. Who can say, but that the dragged angels, made headway against disorder? Who would promise, but that the torn lovers, might better drift apart for a season? For I know, but that for their endless battles, the times would take them in swift circles and join their tryst at the ends of the world.

boodah30 ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 8:46 PM

This is my opion in the form of an example. I am by no means a professional. Two lovers on different ends of a kiss,ride upon extreme ends of waves,writhing in a sea of blood.

Ianfe ( ) posted Tue, 25 November 2003 at 10:16 PM

Interesting. Thanks for the input!

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 29 November 2003 at 10:51 PM

I really like the pieces, but I'm confused by the poem as a whole. I'm rather literal when it comes to poetry: I feel like there's a story wrapped inside this poem, but I can't quite make out the plot. My guess is that the poem deals with love and sex, but then why are the waves a bad thing, when you often hear the phrase "waves of pleasure?" (Yes, there's also "waves of pain" but I'm not seeing a reason to read that into the poem.) I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely misreading the poem or trying to force more into it than you intended. I'm not trying to say that you need to dumb it down, but make you aware that the poem not not be as clear in meaning as you intended. (Or that you have at least one reader who's thick as a brick.) ;-) Cheers!

SerpentGoddess ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 11:06 PM

Sounds like some weird dream. What have you been smokin' lately, Ianfe? j/k Funtile. Uh-huh... g The whole, torn apart, battling the waves to be together but better off to let themselves be torn apart for now and brought together by nature itself later... is cool. Very interesting, evocative, and weird. hug

Ianfe ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 11:14 PM

Thanks SG. Really appreciate your comment. It's funny how most of the times I feel like I'm as much an expectator to my writing as anyone else. In cases like these I don't even think when I write. It all simply comes out full-formed and later on, when I edit it, it feels almost alien to me. Like I'm not responsible for it. This one (and in this, Crescent, you;re near the mark) came with a very distinct image in my head. That is unusual, since I don'y usually think in images. And it IS a kind of story, which is what makes it so prose-like in style. I hadn't noticed the nature agle, SG, that's a very interesting POV. And about the "waves" thing... well, I'm not even sure what that's about. I wasn't really thinking of sex or pain, really, when writing. But the word "lovers" was put in there in my head and would not be let out. Get my meaning?

Ianfe ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 11:14 PM

Oh, and everybody needs things to be funtile every now and then... :{P

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.