Tue, Oct 1, 9:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: vickie stuck to ground

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 2:47 AM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 9:33 PM

My apologies to the forum; I know you must have answered this twenty times. I tried search, could not find thread. Why does a new V3 begin life 'tacked in place?' You can lift her up by the hip, but if you y-trans her hip her feet point to the point of origin and you can't get them free. Her feet point and bend and will not unbend. I tried "limits", I found that if you select 'body' and the move her around, you can "relocate" the origin, but she is tacked down somewhere else. Very chagrined to be hung up on what must be the most bizarre and trivial newbie problem in this forum. Poser 4 with PP, Win. Thanks for your help ::::: Opera :::::

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 2:58 AM

Figure>Use Inverse Kinematics>"uncheck" left&rightleg...should do it. SWAMP

SWAMP ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 3:08 AM

Oh...and to your question.. "Why does a new V3 begin life 'tacked in place"....because she's dazed,confused,and has a tendacy to wander about aimlessly in Temples...forgets to wear clothes alot too.

Mariamus ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 3:51 AM

she must suffer from amnesia.. that must be why we so often find her in those temples, half naked.. she also seems to have suicidal tendencies.. I mean.. how many young ladies run around with a sword??

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 5:36 AM

Suicidal indeed? The sword is for defence silly. Otherwise the dragon would eat her. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Mariamus ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 5:41 AM

I dunno... I think most dragons would be quite horrified and cover away from fear by the awesome size of Vickie's bust..

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 5:45 AM

Exactly my point. She's well armed and dangerous. That's why her armor only has to cover a couple of key areas on her body. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 11:34 AM

thanks, that worked. but now she falls through the floor when I yTrans her down. Will she respect the floor when I animate her with IK turned off? ::::: Opera :::::

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 11:46 AM

That depends on your animation. If all your frames operate with her above the floor, then she will. There is also a python script that drops the actor to floor in all frames (same as pressing Ctrl-D)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 11:52 AM

I guess I don't get it. IK has a positive use when turned on for the legs, right? So, if I want it on, but V. not 'pinned down', is there a way to break the chain or something? ::::: Opera ::::: P.S. Yes, drop to floor does work; she does not go thru. And, I certainly can KEYFRAME with her on the floor. But in a spline animation, will have to find out if she then will dip down into the floor in between keyframes. Must experiment...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 12:25 PM

Also, instead of moving her by her hip, use her BODY :o) That way you can move her around WITH IK turned on :o) And yes, IK is meant to be a help in animations.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 12:49 PM

Thanks ernyoka, working with that concept now! ::::: Opera :::::

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 4:19 PM

Attached Link: the jumpers(1.2 meg Mpeg file)

without IK animation like this would be VERY difficult to create.

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.