Wed, Oct 23, 1:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 5 Lighting

Shaaz786 ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 4:38 PM · edited Wed, 21 August 2024 at 10:05 PM

I have installed Bryce & Bryce 5 Lightining, but when I start Lightining it tells me waiting for server data (network render client)??!?! Any help appreciated.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Thu, 04 December 2003 at 5:06 PM

Lightning allows you to render images across a network of computers. Unless you are doing animation and you need to render 100s or 1000s of images, it's not going to do anything for you. So, don't worry about it.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Shaaz786 ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 4:01 AM

The problem is Bryce 5 Lightining doesn't start, it waits for server info(network render client). So my question is how can I start Bryce 5 Lightining or configure it to work?

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 5:21 AM

Shaaz, As ricky stated Lightning is for network rendering, so you basically only need to install lightning on your render farm machines and not on your normal bryce client machine. If you are setting up a render farm, Install lightning on each machine in the farm, but not your working bryce client machine. Start lightning on each machine and note the IP quoted. To start a network render select File-> Render Animation. At the bottom of the box that opens is an option for render on network tick the box and then select configure. In the configuration menu enter the IP of each lightning instance that you have, then use the update button. Close the config and select the ok button on the render animation window, each of the lightning instances will start rendering following instruction from your client machine, you can check progress using the 'network render manager' under the file menu on your main bryce machine. best of luck G

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Shaaz786 ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 6:38 AM

Hi ! I am new to Bryce! (Newbie here!!!) Actually, I have some idea what Bryce is - render scene generator. Bryce Lightining should be a lightining generator?? Secondly, I am setting up a work environment in my house, therefore I have 3 machines all connected together. I have installed Bryce 5 in one of them, and having problems with Bryce Lightining. Now here are my questions :- What is a farm ? What is network render farm? Where do I get the farm ?

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 9:00 AM

Ok, Bryce Lightning is utility that will let you use the power of all the machines in your network to render an image. The 'dumb' machines (i.e. th ones that are only going to render) are collectively referred to as a render farm. Pro's often set up a specific render farm that is used for nothing else other then rendering. To utilise the power of your network, install Bryce Lightning on the two machines that do not have the client on and then set up and use as instructed on previous post. The server (the one with the full version of Bryce) will divide the image into tiles and each tile can be rendered on a different machine.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.