Wed, Oct 2, 10:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Uploading pictures rule...

CarolSassy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 9:49 AM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 7:59 AM

If I posted a picture to the members photo gallery, does that mean I can't upload a picture to my art gallery? Is it only one upload per day to anything in the renderosity.com area? Thank you (:

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

AsherD ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 10:14 AM

It should only apply to your art gallery. Let me know if it happens otherwise for you. --Asher

CarolSassy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 10:48 AM

Thank you! Thank you very much. heh heh heh Will letcha know.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 7:24 PM

Another admin said it was 'anywhere' - and that should be clarified, I think....Because the Members Photo Album images do not show up in our Art Gallery indeed...

CarolSassy ( ) posted Fri, 05 December 2003 at 8:13 PM

Uh oh, I uploaded a pic to the members photo gallery & then after your okay I uploaded one to my art gallery. Think they'll get upset? /:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

ladynimue ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 6:44 AM

Sorry for the confusion - You did fine :)
The Art Gallery and the Member Photo Gallery are two seperate functions.

The "Art Gallery" has a limit of Only One Image uploaded within a "Renderosity 24 hour Day"

This applies to the total Art Gallery - in other words, if you upload an image to the Poser Art Gallery, you cannot upload and image on the same day to the Bryce Art Gallery.

The Member Photo Gallery is exempt from the One Image a day Upload limit!

So, it is perfectly fine to upload an image to the Photo Gallery AND to the Art Gallery in the same day.

Uploading an image to a Forums forum thread:
There is no limit to the number of images that you can upload to a forum thread - of course if a member is just flooding a thread with images just for the fun of flooding, the images would be removed :) But, as long as the images are within the TOS there is not a problem.

So, it is perfectly fine to upload an image to the Forum AND to the Art Gallery in the same day.

Uploading an image to FreeStuff.
There is no limit to the amount of freestuff uploads you post in a day, thus no limit to the number of images you post in the freestuff area. Uploading an image to the freestuff does not limit your Gallery Image uploads.

So, it is fine to upload an image to the Freestuff and the Art Gallery in the same day :)

Contests -
There is no limit restriction to uploading images to contests [excecpt for the upload rules of each contest]. Uploading an image a contest does not limit your Gallery Image uploads.

So, it is fine to upload an image a Contest and the Art Gallery in the same day :) - - - - - -

To recap:

1. You can only upload ONE "Art Gallery Image" per a 24 hour Rosity Day.

2. If you upload an Art Gallery Image, you CAN still upload images to the following:
    Member Photo Gallery
    Fourms
    FreeStuff
    Tutorials
    Contests

Hope this helps to clear things up :)
ladynimue

CarolSassy ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 7:07 AM

Yes, excellent. Thank you very much. I looked around for the rules but never stumbled across them. I appreciate your help ladynimue! (: ....and if you have time, do you know a good place to get a good price on Bryce? At Corel it is 80 bucks or can you suggest a more inexpensive 3D program for someone that uses Paintshop Pro & wishes to dabble a little in 3D? Thank you again.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

ladynimue ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 7:57 AM

actually $80 is an outstanding price for Bryce :)

As to other 3D programs, I would suggest that you go through the Art Galleries and view the works of other members until you find styles of artwork that you really like, then visit the all the forums related to the images that you liked. Get to know the members of the forums as well as review the forum archive posts (each forum has an [archive] link at the bottom of the page).

Best of luck and we look forward to your new gallery 3D art postings :)

ladynimue

Lucy_Fur ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 2:20 PM

I had more than one image I wanted to show some people. Nothing fancy and nothing that is going to stay in my gallery. I don't have the need or want to post 3 images every day, so I figured out a work-around for my situation.

I uploaded the first image into the Work In Progress gallery. After it had been viewed, I then went back in - edited it by replacing the image with the other and tah-dah! I was able (in essense) to have two images uploaded within a day for viewing. ;)

CarolSassy ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 4:27 PM

Thank you for telling me this. I had a work-in-progress, and I uploaded it this a.m. for some of the people I met in the chatroom to critique. Then I deleted it. I didn't know there was a place to upload works in progress....still learning my way around. Now I can go ahead & upload another pic to my gallery that is already done. That's great! (:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.