Sun, Oct 6, 5:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Traditional art background and a cool link

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 4:10 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:34 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curvy3d.com/

A friend sent me this link yesterday. It looks ... wow! Though it might remind you of Z-Brush. But, seeing the current requirement for beta testers and prompted by the similar thread in Poser forum, I'd be interested in seeing how many people here have a traditional art background. I can draw something mechanical with the help of rulers and grids, but freeform drawing is far from being my strong point. That's why I was instantly attracted to computer art. I can create things that I want (well, not completely what I want, yet :-). How about you?

-- erlik

kiwi_gg ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 4:41 AM

As a young school boy I did a lot of pencil sketching and ink drawings.In my early 20's I started painting in oils'traditional landscape/seascape type stuff.After over 20 years I have taken to the brushes again only due to the encouragement of my beautiful partner.I am completely self taught,this time round I am using acrylics and my style is more contemporary/abstract than before.I have made 2 major sales in the the last 12 months one of which went to Kensington,London. Now in my mid 50's and computer illiterate 2 years ago I am now able to use the computer art programs such as bryce to help create my paintings before I put brush to canvas. Cheers, GG

WHO said Kiwi's can't Fly ?????

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 5:10 AM

Self taught at an early age, legitimized later with a
Bachelor of Fine Arts, areas; Acrylics, Experimental Mixed Media, Assemblage and Collage, Watercolors, Sculpture( Metal, Stone and Cement), Trompe l'oeil, Faux and Decorative Finishes.
Exhibit several times a year in Aspen Art Museum, William Thomas Gallery and the Landmark Gallery. Do freelance works for local Interior Designers periodically...do commission work for private corporations. I send them an e-mail to be a tester, although they say testing is closed. Definitely will try the demo when it comes out in February

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 5:21 AM

I did O level art at school (not quite sure what the equivalent is in other countries), but was not encouraged to take it any further. My school pushed for the academic side, and you had to be something really special to be allowed to pursue the true Arts. Self taught later I did freelance dress design and dressmaking, which was quite successful artistically, but I am not a born business woman so the business did not really take off. Plus arthritus in my hands made things difficult. I find that 3d art is great because I can use a mouse, whereas a pen or pencil locks up my hand.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Erlik ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 6:02 AM

Zhann, they still want people with strong trad-art background. You should qualify.

-- erlik

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:03 AM

We'll see....;)

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 9:45 AM

didn't see where to download, but then I'm here Because I'm hopeless at freehand..thanks for the link, tho.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

woodhurst ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 12:28 PM

ive never had any art training or anything, just been drawing since i was 2 or 3, i didnt get better because i wanted to practice, or conciously practiced, I just feel weird sitting at a desk with a pencil and paper without atleast doodeling something. I guess my experiences in sketching kind of carried over when i started brycing....when i graduate high school, im hoping to go to a computer arts college called "full sail"

rickymaveety ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 12:41 PM

Colored with crayons as a child. Doodled with pen and pencil as an adult. Never had an art or photography class in my life. That's why I got into computer graphics. Being able to draw pixel by pixel and erase all the goofs, and cloning (love cloning), really helps those who have no talent to draw. Keep wishing I would get wealthy enough to afford to take some time off and go back to school and get some graphics training. So, I certainly would not qualify. Not even in my dreams.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Vile ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 1:26 PM

I tried using Zbrush a long time back and made a real mess! I think with this program I could accomplish the same thing but more colorful! LOL

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 6:46 PM

I'm offically a BETA tester now, keep you posted on the progress I make for those interested IM me...

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 6:51 PM

Curvy 3D is apparently closed for new beta-testers? (that's what the site said...But, you can still try e-mailing them and asking I guess (can't hurt). I've been playing with the beta for about 3 weeks now, interesting program... There is supposed to be an official demo in february. AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

ysvry ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 11:51 PM

i watched a couple of bob ross how to paint programs and had art as subject in highschool. then became selfthought practice makes the master i think. i used to make lots of pencil sketches in a grand cafe drawing people did some aquarels outside bought a computer as i found art materials so expensive and started drawing on the computer got intrested in 3d but didnt had any response so i turned to webdesign. I looked at those tuts for curfy and think u better get zbrush they have a nice modeller but the whole 2,5d is a bit qwuirky to me

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 12:06 AM

BOB ROSS! gawd, how did you stay awake long enough to see the end? That was one boring guy!...;)

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 6:23 PM

LOLZhann! Have you no respect for the dead? ;) My talents in art were immediately apparent when I was still in the first grade at school. All the kids would come to me to have me draw King Kong, clowns, cartoon characters and such for them. I was constantly drawing at home and my mother encouraged me to do so. I was sketching portraitures of the people in my family while still in the fourth grade to a good likeness. In intermediate school right through high school I was placed into special art programs together with other kids that showed an artistic inclination. We became involved with school art projects for plays, newsletters, art exhibits, art contests, yearbooks and such. We had plenty of art workshop hours. By the end of high school I had won a scholarship for Pratt Institute of Art and Design in New York. At that point I was getting ready to enter college and had to make a serious decision about my future occupation. Somehow I didnt see much of a career in the art field. I saw it as highly competitive and the thought of the starving artist image didnt quite sit well with me. So I steered myself away from art and to other interests. Nevertheless, I took a few elective courses in art while in college. I happened to study art history under the guidance of famous artist and poet Jimmy Ernst, the son of world famous surrealist artist Max Ernst of the Dada movement. I put down pencil and paper for many years and didnt get back into art until computer resolutions began to boast computer graphics. One of my first real computer graphics program was a piece of software to came to the PC by way of the Mac call DeluxPaint II.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.