Sun, Sep 22, 7:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 2:35 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Winstanley's Tower

Stringy ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 7:54 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:25 AM

file_87715.jpg

Coming soon To Stringy's Store A model of one of the world's first offshore lighthouses. Winstanley's Tower This building actually existed 300 years ago on Eddystone rock near Plymouth UK. Both 3DS and Poser versions will be made available.

Zodo ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:16 AM

Looking good, how much will the poser version be abouts?

Stringy ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:26 AM

Hi Zodo Thanks for the interest. I intend to sell it for 9.95 as with most of my models.

Andi3d ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 2:26 PM

Hi Mark, Having already seen the model being used, (by Paul), I know that this is simply an inspirational piece of 3d, the like of which I feel I still aspire to by quite a way. Good on you mate for finally making it available. Andi

"That which doesn't kill you is probably re-loading"

Andi3d ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 2:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=478214

In fact, heres the link to a superlative image using said Winstanley's Tower.

"That which doesn't kill you is probably re-loading"

noggin ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 2:56 PM

Very very cool! Several years back I had a go at modelling Winstanly's tower_ I stopped because I just didn't feel I was doing it justice...you have!! Please post here again Stringy _ I'd hate to miss it. If anyone is interested do have a read of " The Lighthouse Stevensons" which gives a wonderful account of the building of many of Britains off-shore lighthouses.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 3:32 PM

That's a lovely structure. A pity it only lasted five years and took its creator with it.

Stringy ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 5:03 AM

Thanks everybody I just had to get this finished with it now being the 300th anniversary of the great storm that destroyed it and poor old Winstanley. This guy is one of my heroes and thanks to Paul aka the-slinger for contributing his artistic touch on the gallery images. I will post again soon.

The-Slinger ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 10:52 AM

Excellent work, my friend ... Looking forward to seeing the new versions.

judith ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 1:14 PM

Very nice!

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

dragongirl ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 6:29 PM

Gee - that's beautiful - all those wonderful details!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 07 December 2003 at 9:02 PM

An echo to dragongirl's praise... I love all those details, too. A tea of the teacup to the man who raised this to save the lives of others at sea! Carolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.