Sat, Sep 21, 9:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Private Messaging

adam ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 10:29 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:47 AM

You should either let us type as much as we want to private message another member, or tell us when we typed the max amount of letters. When I send someone a message, they always write back telling me that my message was cut off, so obviously we are limited to how much we can type so could you somehow let us know when we typed too much so we don't get cut off every time? Like tell us the maximum amount of letters we can type. Thanx, Adam

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 18 August 2000 at 10:15 PM

About 230 letters. Storm

adam ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 1:27 AM

thanks storm

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 12:56 PM

Kept meaning to bring this to someones attention... but kept slipping my mind 'till I saw this post. For some reason, on at least one user, the pvt messaging reply to fails: When I get a pvt message from Digital&sparky and hit the "Click here to reply to the author of this message" link, it pops up a "Digital" rather than the full username. Then when I hit send it comes back: "User Digital could not be found" Is this a problem with all compound usernames that have "&" connections between the words or is it limited to Digital&Sparky's?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Ironbear ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 12:58 PM

By the way... who counts keystrokes when they type a message or reply, anyway? 230 characters?!?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

adam ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 1:13 PM

i will probably type it up in word so I don't have to count how much I am typing. I would never sit on my computer and count every single letter that I am typing. There is a way to set the text field so that once you type 230 letters it stops you from typing more. Can't you guys do that?

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2000 at 8:00 PM

Iron bear.. I counted the keystrokes to answer the question S As for the other. No it's not limited. Any name with a space will come back with that same error. I didn't know about the & though. Adam... i am sure ed and Jack are working on it. But it will take some time Storm

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2000 at 8:11 PM

grin Thassa royal pain in the butt, Storm; You have a lot more paitence than I do. Now that i have a feel for how long, I generally break a long message into 2 or more segements to make sure it don't get cut off. Rather not have to though...

• Monkeysmell

adam ( ) posted Sun, 20 August 2000 at 9:12 PM

I hope ed and Jack hurry things up a bit...counting letters is not my favorite thing over here.

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 10:00 PM

How bout we all just Exchange ICQ or AIM names and forget bout it? :)

Wizzard ( ) posted Thu, 07 September 2000 at 1:20 AM

That's a good idea... ICQ's pretty popular... Something to think on ne?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.