Fri, Sep 20, 11:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Camera Object Properties

satfj ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2003 at 7:55 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:48 AM

Is there a tutorial on how to use the camera object properties? In particular I'm wondering how to use the Focus and Blur settings under the aspect tab. Is the focus control number the distance from the camera or is it like in a real photo camera a set distance in the view? What does blur really do and where in the depth of field? Thanks

Polax ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2003 at 8:18 AM

Depending on whether you have Vue4 or Vue4 Pro, the answer would not be exactly the same... in Vue4, when you choose some blur percentage, you'll see two planes appear in the camera cone (the lines that materialize the sight of cam in 3D views) This is the zone in focus. the more you augment the blur, the shorter the space between thee planes. when you edit the number in control, you move this 'zone box' along the cone. In Vue Pro there is a 'helper'(in form of a small squared dot) you can move more precisely and even link to the object of your choice that you want to be kept in focus.. in both cases I find it preferable to choose a long focal for camera... hope this helps a little Paul

satfj ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2003 at 11:46 AM

Paul Thanks for the answer...I have VuePro. I can move the "square dot" to set the zone in focus ok but how do I determine the size of the zone in focus? Is it a distance that is always constant or there is a setting where it can be changed... say I want a larger area in the view to be in focus. Thanks

Polax ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2003 at 12:55 PM

file_87992.jpg

I suppose when you say 'larger' area, that in fact you mean 'deeper' area and I explained it above : the deepness of the zone is mainly tied to the amount of BLUR percentage.. the size (in deepness, thickness etc...) in focus is between the two planes you can see in the camera cone..

Now you must be aware that this zone represents only a space where sharpness is SUPPOSED to be tolerable the real 'total' sharpness would be where the square helper dot is ... a virtual plane in fact
this tolerability being really subjective you may find, with large amount of blur percentage that you can't obtain your object sharp enough to your taste ...

[but if you look only for the wideness(larger angle)it is the FOCAL setting you have to reduce(as for a regular camera, the smaller the number, the wider the angle...)]

(Pardon me if I did not understand the point of your question exactly..)
Paul

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.