Fri, Sep 20, 2:31 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Gallery Edit

MrMichael ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2003 at 11:33 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:26 PM

Sorry for the deletion below, but I did some experiementing and answered my own question. I just wondered how the "edit" function worked when you see an image by yourself when you're logged in. Curious as to what's possible, I chose an image that I wouldn't care to lose and changed things around and then changed them back. The findings: The "edit" option allows you to change the text, category, image, and thumbnail while leaving the original upload date, any comments, and any ratings intact. Drawbacks: Of course the image stays back where the original date shows, so no one's gonna see it that far back... so what's the point? Why is it there? I have no clue, but I thought I'd share what I found and see what others think about it :) Michael

MrMichael ( ) posted Mon, 08 December 2003 at 11:53 PM

Here's a quick example of the use of edit. My reason for doing this was that I didn't necessarily feel the need to post a new image when I was just making some tweaks. I've learned a lot about new touch-up methods using new masks available in Photoshop CS, and I like the results much better. Yeah, I know there's no comparison, but I'm just tweaking my "portfolio" here to make it better. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think.

GalleryThumb503806.jpg
"Portrait"
By MrMichael

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2003 at 5:55 AM

You can fix mistakes without losing your comments...... Often done right away or as soon as possible, not months later.... I use this function all the time, because: 1. I make spelling mistakes 2. Want to add something forgotten to the description box. others use it because.... 3. Maybe the wrong thumb got uploaded? 4. Maybe the wrong image got uploaded? And since you are allowed only one upload a day, if your upload gets messed up, thats it. You can edit it and try to fix it, or wait until tomorrow.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

MrMichael ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2003 at 4:40 PM

Thanks for the info. I know that I will not be abusing the edit command with such a time delay knowing what you've told me. I hope to increase my skills and post my best always the first time :) Thanks for your comments on my photos, I can only get better. Thanks, Michael

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.