Fri, Sep 20, 2:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: any ideas where I can find....

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 1:02 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:41 AM

french royalty style massive hair? the huge ones that were ornate over the top and often with adornments like ships and birds? the big white ones? like Mari Antoinette{sp?}.....{doesnt think she is describing this very well} The ones popular around the time the bastille incident happen{god I am mangling spelling today}

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 1:17 PM

Could you get something close with AprilYSH's Spiral Curls - it has a white texture for the powdered look, though probably not piled up on top enough for the real ancien rime look.

jerr3d ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 1:24 PM

Take a look in the MP at Neftis' "Very French" hair.

queri ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 1:29 PM

It's possible you could put together-- with some post work-- something similiar to this style from some of Swam's hair props that involve updos. Avalon and Spring coture. Lots of Swam's hair parts are props and can thus be piled up in strange ways. Here's another option. Maya Studios coiled curls-- he has two versions-- I found you could push and pull them with x , y and z rotations and scale to make very interesting shapes. Any skill with magnets could probably do a lot more. Other than that-- the only thing that comes close and not in the most extravagant way is the morphing ponytail at Daz Platinum club. That will give you an updo that looks ok with the 18th century dress but not the wretched excess of the ship hairdos. Emily

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 1:58 PM

I didnt even think to try the pony tail...hmmmm Ill have to play with that. as well as the maya thing. I just half asleep got an idea in my head and now am rampant to try and get it out....lol. Thank you all so much for the advice!!

Commission open.

Zarabanda ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 2:47 PM

I posted about this a while back. I tried morphing, magnets and a variety of other techniques, didnt really come up with anything good. None of the hairstyles out there are really suited to this. I was also unable to find any good pics of this hairstyle to base my work on.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 3:28 PM

I have a few good pics..the high almost beehive style with the corkscrew curls in different adorning styles...but...I think I will just have to paint and use part poser hairs. if you need some of the pics I can get some to you just IM me.

Commission open.

pizazz ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 5:08 PM

file_77962.jpg

THis is the Couture Hair by Swam, I lightened the blond texture a lot and changed material colors. If you get the hair, IM me and I'll send you my textures and forumla on the colors. I used the base hair, top balls, top curls and one of the curl props. I love this hair package...

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 11:03 PM

Pizazz, Yes, something like that, but about 2 feet taller and decorated with enough stuff for a Christams tree (I'm talking about whole birds and not just their feathers!). It was pretty excessive, but also explains why ladies of the day were so afraid of bats getting entangled... they were walking belfries. ;^) Carolly

DarkElegance ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 12:26 AM

lol it is like a huge beehive hair do. then around the face and usually at the nape of neck small curls like shirley temple. and eye the bee hive part was often exessivly decorated. sometimes with whole scenes. ships..birds etc....strings of pearls that would be draped and laced through out...they were enormouse!

Commission open.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:26 AM

file_77963.jpg

Dark Elegance, Yes that *is* a ship in her wig... possibly her husband's wealth is from the spice trade? I don't have that many books with information on the baroque and roccoco styles, since it is far later than my preferred time period, but here are a few images which might help a modeler (or assembler!). Carolly

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:29 AM

file_77964.jpg

"Petite cabbage" was a term of endearment.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:31 AM

file_77965.jpg

...and it was probably her neck. These things must have been heavy!!! With the lowered necklines to the dresses, it wouldn't have been possible to hide a brace, either. HTH, Carolly

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 12:43 PM

OHHH FABULOUSE! yes those pics I have seen them befor..I am notlooking to go the full ship way lol but the taller ones with the draped pearls etc...curled and poofed...that is what I am trying to figure out how to make. it really wouldnt need to much transmaping either as it is fairly a solid piece. those ladies...they had it tough lol corsettes that sometimes were so tight as to cause a rib to puncture an organ and hiar to high and heavy you needed a balancing act to just walk..LOL

Commission open.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 1:38 PM

file_77966.jpg

If this will do the job for you, talk to Traveler. This is his old 17th Century Wig from BBay (but I don't see it there anymore, but then again maybe I'm not looking in the right place). It's a prop instead of an .hr2 but it can be adjusted to fit pretty much anybody and has lots of different adjustments as far as the hair style is concerned. Like I said, I can't find it in any of the marketplaces, but Traveler would know if it's still available and where it is. Kate

DarkElegance ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 3:00 PM

ohh ohh OHHH perfect perrrrrrrrfeeeeeeeeccccccct ohh thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!

Commission open.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 4:51 PM

You know, that isn't bad. It needs to be wider at the top than at the bottom, higher on the forehead, and the curls a bit more varied, but it is a good solid foundation. In fact, we can always add more curls while we are draping pearls. (It is the sort of style which encourages excess?) I wonder if he can be talked into dusting it off for us? Carolly

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:43 PM

Carolly, I'm pretty sure if we talk sweet to him he might consider making it available again. Maybe as an RDNA special or something. I can tell you this, it's the only hair model out there that I've seen that even comes close to the baroque styles. There's the Louis wig over at PoserWorld for the guys, but other than that nothing. I tell ya, if I was a modeler there'd be tons of these with variations as well as the old barrister wigs and whatnot. I'd love to do the whole Beau Brummel type stuff - Regency. Soooooo much fun to dress them all in that style. Kate (who is certain she has read one too many historical romance novels)

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 12:07 AM

~giggles~ the totally over the top flat out decadence "let them eat cake" corsette wearing garter ribbons and high society royalty! nahhhhh no romance novels here LOL

Commission open.

Zarabanda ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 12:26 AM

this traveller prop looks good, but not exactly what I had in mind. Im thinking more vertical, less oval-shaped.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 1:35 AM

And that's just the men, right, DE? giggle

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 4:19 AM

I don't read romance novels... although a couple of my friends have written them. However, I can visualize La Pique Dame playing at cards and love (with appropriately lush music from Tchaikovsky). The curly male wigs from a bit earlier (Charles 2?) appeal to me more than the really tight finger curls of the barrister-styled wigs, but those would be more useful. Because those come down over the shoulders, they would take a lot more work to get right. One of my friends in New York is a laywer. His son took up crocheting last year and makes "hats". His gift to Seth was a barrister wig out of fluffy white yarn, with flaps and finger curls and everything. Really cool and creative. Seth wore it to Origins and got lots of compliments. Carolly

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 1:12 PM

Now that sounds like a really cool hat :)

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2003 at 12:43 AM

winks at Carolly

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

PheonixRising ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2003 at 1:48 AM

Attached Link: Explaination and walkthrough

file_77967.jpg

See this post on using the Changing Ponytail Expansion pack. Enjoy

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2003 at 5:07 AM

Anton, Thank you for visiting this idea again! We'll have to use your settings and see how high we can get the hair. It is smooth enough to look good with a bonnet or ribbon wrap over the tippy-top, but doesn't really have places to add props. The curls at the side could be rotated to go vertically around the back of the neck and graze the shoulders? Carolly

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Tue, 09 December 2003 at 11:11 AM

Awesome, Anton. I had no idea we could do that with the ponytail. Now I'm gonna have to go play with dial settings. :) Kate (who still uses El Grecco)

zai ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 1:44 AM

OMG....now I have to go render a lady with a ship on her head...how can I pass that up? ::runs off to render::

Rendo Store | Freebies | RDNA Store

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 4:14 AM

Suddenly the "pointy caps & veils" of the 1400s look sedate, don't they? :chuckle:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.