Tue, Sep 24, 5:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:07 am)

Subject: Quick Poser5 Question.I just loaded Patch #3 after not using Poser 5 for a long

Artist3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 December 2003 at 11:58 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:35 AM

Time.What is still broken in Poser5?I really don't want to get excited and start using Poser 5 again,to find out it still is a big mess.Does this Patch #3 fix the majority of stuff wrong with Poser 5?Thank you.

numanoid ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 12:05 AM

Use Correct Reference to sort out the textures, search links here for what to do to make the walk designer work better, and it should be OK. I have been using it for five days solid (18 hours a day) without a single crash, but last week it crashed 6 times in an hour, so I am not going to say it is fixed yet. I never had Poser 4 so I can't compare.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 12:46 AM

I have P5 with sr3, rarely have a problem. I don't know what it was like before that. I still find P4 faster for some things, but it all ends up in P5 when I'm ready to do the final work.

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 3:08 AM

I still crash when I add light sets. Very annoying if I hit render without saving first. For some strange reason when ever I use a full body inj I'll crash as well. P 4 2.66 gig of ram.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 4:07 AM

I find some light set are hard on P5. I turn the shadows off all of them, except for the couple I need. Daz light set are really bad for crashing P5, but turning most of the shadows off of them and they work fine. Full body injects, guess I'm one of the luck ones. I'm in the middle of a 6 V3's morph injected, with clothes, Wip. Haven't had a crash, fingers crossed, yet. I did create the characters in P4 first, then used them in P5. AMD 2.4Gb, 764Mb ram.

SX200 ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 7:22 AM

No problem with P5, no longer use P4 that's how good I find it...even if it is a little slower at a P4 render. SX200

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 10:12 AM

funny how my only stalled crashed only occured when i would try to cancel a render while it was loading textures.. other then that i never came across a problem like most people with silly computers always complain about... but i do bicker with that fact on how lame hair and cloth room and quickly get for the impatcite

drgonzo ( ) posted Thu, 11 December 2003 at 11:43 AM

P5 SR3 never crashed while rendering,posing,calculating hair & clothes or while working with lightsets BUT the Setuproom is really still a mess ! I had strange results after reloading projects or working with the group editor - bonestructures were "re-arranged" and suddenly they are back to normal and so on...hope SR4 will fix it !
Still no OpenGL or network rendering support included :-(
My personal advice for u:it's ok to start again with Poser ;-)

P4 3.2 HT (overclocked to 3.4 GHz)
2GB RAM
Win XP SP1

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.