Sun, Sep 22, 3:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Trying to work on a tutorial but..

Shiollie ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 11:27 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:41 AM

I am working on the "flickering lights" tutorial, I have the fortress but only in the small preview window, it will not show up in the rest of the views, I cant even get the "main camera" to work, and my toolbar is greyed out. I have tried to reload it but it comes up the same thing. Any Ideas? Thank you, Shiollie

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 11:38 AM

Shiollie, believe me I don't want to be unfriendly, but how can you create a tutorial if, what you want to do doesn't work? :-)

Polax ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 12:01 PM

Maybe You mean you have a problem while trying to work WITH this tut ? I tried it I've Vue Pro, the tut is on CD3 : 07Flickering lights and all is OK everything works... maybe a screenshot of the prob would help ? (if you have no tool to make a screenshot, use the printscreen key of keyboard, go into your usual 2d app, edit/paste...) Paul

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 2:06 PM

LOL is it my lousy English? Sorry! You are speaking about a tutorial from the Vue book? Vue 4? Vue Pro?

pixpax ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 3:25 AM

It's in the Vue 4 manual. But why the toolbar greys out I have no idea.

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 4:03 AM

Shiollie, I have followed the tutorial and have a question to you (because it works great for me) What happens exactly when and where in the tutorial? From which point on? There is no need to move (to make work) the main camera?? Maybe you are just doing a very little thing wrong.

Shiollie ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 9:12 AM

I finally solved the problem, by repeately closing the program then opening it again and trying to load the fortress, finally on the 6th or 7th time it finally came up for me.. maybe just a quirk in my program. I followed the tut untill it got to the part where it said "Time Spline Editor", then I got completely lost.. I have no idea where to find that editor. I got so frustrated that I moved on to the animating a fish tutorial, once I got the basics of that down, I moved on to animating a dinosaur neck got that down pretty well, a few breaks but I think that comes with experience. I didnt realize that a simple movement of the neck going down and back up would rack up 25mgs of space and that was at almost the smallest rendering. I am going to have to study up on decreasing the mgs big time. I have only had the program a bit over a week now and already my manual is beginning to look "well used"

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 9:16 AM

Have you found th etime spline editor now or do you need a screenshot to show you where it is?

Shiollie ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 9:25 AM

I would love a screen shot!! I looked everywhere in the book to try to find it.. but they just tell you how to edit them ..not find them. Thank you!! Now I may be able to finish the tutorial :) Shiollie

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 9:56 AM

file_88646.jpg

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 10:00 AM

file_88647.jpg

But you also can create your own time spline in the editor (thr one that opens when you CTRl click)

Shiollie ( ) posted Sat, 13 December 2003 at 10:45 AM

Thank you so much Gebe!! I am going to try to cross reference it in my manual so I can find it agin. What would I do with out you?? (it would be a heck of alot harder!!) Have a fantastic day.. I am going back and figure this out. Shiollie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.