Fri, Sep 20, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Weep For ME

topgunner1024 ( ) posted Sat, 06 December 2003 at 8:56 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

Softly As a child dies in the cold solace of his mothers breast We weep In the contemplation that is what? Our minds. Our hearts. Our souls. Our being. And we dine And we dance And the child we neglected is dead

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 12 December 2003 at 9:10 PM

The first 2 lines and the last three give me some strong images that juxtapose nicely. I don't know if you meant it this way, but it would work well as part of a larger political piece/collection. Nitpicks: I'd either punctuate all of it or just use the line breaks to get the pauses across. Also, please capitalize the w in line 5. Cheers!

topgunner1024 ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 4:03 PM

I appreciate the nitpicks, The pucuation in those four lines was just my fingers doing what there used to when they type. It's hard for me to break those habits. Thanks for the comment, it was meant to be a political issue, perhaps I'll post more soon.

Mestophales ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 3:20 PM

Did you post this in the gallery as well? I think this would be something I would like to vote for.

topgunner1024 ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 5:23 PM

Thanks for the compliment...I don't know how to post in the writers gallery. I stopped signing on to renderosity for a few months and when I came back everything had changed...If someone lets me know how than I'll post it. ;(

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.