Sat, Sep 21, 2:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:50 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Feedback on new project wanted!

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 8:24 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:47 AM

file_89013.jpg

Hi,

I just started several projects in the last 3 month and didn't finish anything (always encountered difficulties and sometimes simply lost the joy in going on).

This makes me a bit frustrated, but I slowly begin to feel the urge to create again.

My most succesful product up to now was the TFX Dragon Hall (available in RMP). It is very versatile, but I also learned a lot about how to make an easy to handle product.

So I decided to go to the next step and make a TFX Hall System. This should consist of a series of packs (some free, some in marketplace at a reasonable price) that can be put together for various scenes and will be constantly extended with new items.

Is this something people here would like to have?

The simple P4 render shows a first column, which was inspired by TXF Dragon Hall (I call it the Claw pack). It is modelled and UV mapped. Still the textures are missing.

What do you think? Any suggestions and critics are welcome.

regards

• Walter

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 8:35 AM

The design is vey interesting. Can you post a wireframe image to get an idea of polygon counts?

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 12:28 PM

file_89014.jpg

appr. 1700 polygons for this column. I plan to do a version with fewer polygons for more distant columns in a scene where you want to make a long hallway.

Thanks for your comment, Phil.

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 12:30 PM

Most of the polygons are located in the claws.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 1:43 PM

It's a dramatic-looking prop. What is the projected selling price?

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 2:32 PM

Just don't know yet. I have to put several items together for a basic pack. Depending on the number of items I have to put in there to make a useful pack the price will be somewhere between $5 to $10.

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 3:09 PM

Since this is for an up-coming commercial product, it's being moved to the Product Showcase Forum. Thank Cres

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.