Fri, Sep 20, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Feedback greatly appreciated.......

crimsonia ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 2:40 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 5:28 AM

file_88907.jpg

Hello all... I am almost done with my first marketplace project (8 months in the making now) and I wanted to get some feedback on it. I Still want to work on the eyes and makeup etc.... and I was also wondering what do you look for in a char pack? What makes one stand out and make you think "I must own this!" Please be brutally honest. This character is for V2...

Thanks Everyone in advance..

barriephillips ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 3:37 PM

It might be just me, but it there apears to be a smear of texture going in towards each nostril on both sides like a smudge. I may be just me though. The ears look like they have been projected from the sides with sort of horizontal lines on them (this may be a UV map thing though that you cant avoid) Everything else looks like a good photographic texture to me . The eylids look a bit unnatural as well, not the texture, but where they meet the eyes a bit too geometric to look natural IMO .. Sorry, you said be blunt :) ... Best wishes Barrie.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 5:45 PM

What is the estimated selling price? Looks pretty good to me.

crimsonia ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 5:55 PM

Not sure yet........but probably $15-$20 and there will be makeup and eye textures and other little goodies included =) I never really noticed the ears....but I see what you mean... as for the smudge by the nostrils...I dont see the part you are talking about

barriephillips ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 6:03 PM

file_88908.jpg

... It looks (to me) like the skin is being streched in the direction indicated on both sides of the face.. My eyes are none too good though so It may just be me :( sorry if it is. Best wishes.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 9:49 PM

Human beings are almost bilaterally symmetrical. Our eyebrows may be similarly arched on both sides, but won't match hair for hair. Our eyes may be of similar coloration, but won't have the same iris details in the same places. The wrinkles in the lips won't be duplicated in real life. Some of us even have lop-sided dimples! These small variances are part of what makes us look human and not turned out of a cloning factory. With a face lit from front center, you have highlights on the eyes from the side? I'd remove the highlights totally for those people who prefer to let the scene lights create them. Have a spare set for people who need them. Any time I see the wrong highlights, my mind registers "fake". As a courtesy to folks who don't have Traveler's no-glow nostril prop, you can darken the insides of the nostrils. Perhaps too many merchants use tattoos to make their product unique... and so we have a plethora of tattoos. instead of still more tats, I'd suggest either a couple of props or useful morphs which would help with the creation of a character or personality. She almost reminds me of the faces staring out of Etruscan or Pompeiian frescoes. One of the caesars had a wife from that area who was a noted beauty (sorry, I'm blanking on the names). I believe that there is a set of Roman wigs in the Marketplace: give her an updo with little ringlets and the right name and association and it will help stir interest. Perhaps you know a prop-maker who can give her a wreath of golden leaves? Or maybe you want to go for a gypsy look with a band of coins across the forhead? Sometimes customers need help in figuring out how and when to use a model. Also, since this will be a commercial product, you will want to post it in Product Showcase. The images shown there ought not to be the same as the ones used in the Marketplace, but should provide inspiration as to how the model can look in various lighting or circumstances. Carolly

crimsonia ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 2:49 PM

file_88909.jpg

thank you everyone for your comments. Here is an updated pic... I cant get the ears to stop having that "streaked" look which leads me to believe that it is the geometry. Still have to touch up the eyelashes and eyebrows but I think its coming along nicely. Im getting rather frustrated with the eyes though...I just cant seem to get them to look real =( anyone have any good ideas on how to make real looking eyes?

daverj ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 3:10 PM

The colored parts of your eyes are too large. Plus there may be too much of a dark border around them. Go to http://images.google.com and type in "eye" and you'll see a lot of real eyes, like this one: http://www.thenet.com.au/images/eye.jpg

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.