Sat, Sep 21, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:01 am)

Subject: Anyone else doing Everquest renders?

ookami ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2000 at 10:34 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:25 AM

Is anyone else designing Everquest characters? I was hoping to compare notes with someone else. Thanks!

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 11:16 AM

I did Beta testing for Everquest, but I haven't move up to the job of desiging them :) -Colt

ookami ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 12:44 PM

Hehe... Hey, I did beta testing for them too... and also for Ultima Online when it first came out... now THERE was a buggy game when it first hit the market!

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 2:10 PM

I sent an e-mail out to the job offer for the '3d modeler' position, just to see the response I get back =D -Colt

ookami ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 4:10 PM

Cool! Good luck!

szeven ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2000 at 11:11 PM

Hmmm... Playing Eversma..., er, Everquest takes up the time when I should be playing with Poser. /shout Level10 paladin looking for group. /shout Anyone camping orc2? /shout looking for bind. ;-O

Winters ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 12:37 AM

I've been thinking about trying to do a poser version of my enchanter character... and perhaps poser characterisations of my friends... but I'm not very good at poser, so any help you could offer would be most appreciated... elf morphs, robe templates, etc. -Winters

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 5:16 AM

Drop me an email and maybe I can give you some ideas!

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 2:11 PM

Ookami: I removed the letter from the outbox (I have it setup so mail is sent every week that deal for future jobs can be revised if needed) because Everquest is playing dirty with a few things, and it doesn't sound like a happy place to work. Before you ask here are some things: 1) Permit bans of players and they still get charged for service 2) No service with bugs or player issues (everything from 'corrected' weapons not being changed, impossible monsters to kill and to account hacking) 3) Use of double-click ads (Very evil!) 4) I predict that the growing problems will cause everquest to die in the near future. I would guess a year or two unless they make major changes to there staff. I really had no idea this was going on till I started to probe around and I don't like what I see.

ookami ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 2:42 PM

Ack... doesn't sound good. I know there are alot of play-related problems... server overcrowding being the biggest, but I didn't know all the behind the scenes stuff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.