Fri, Sep 20, 11:46 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Question again: looking for a Barbie doll object

Al ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 5:25 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:34 PM

Sorry but someone didn't understand me. I'm looking for a Barbie doll object. I hope someone can help me. AL

Eshal ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 8:13 AM

Sorry I have yet to see a barbie doll obj on the net, although she could easily be made using poser. Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 12:26 PM

Yes, but be very cautious... it is my understanding that Mattel is like a wounded badger when it comes to anything that even begins to look like copyright infringement....I think you might get in trouble with them if you whittled Barbie out of wood! Scarab

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 12:32 PM

One question, Al, are you looking for a Barbie poseable figure or a Barbie-as-toy prop? I really think you could recreate Barbie with the P4 female by setting the height to "supermodel", nipping in the x and y axis of the legs and arms a bit (and the waist a lot). Some elven and asian eyes facial morphs from Travelers site would help. There was also a 1950's style ponytail in free stuff or prop guild that looked very doll like. Set "no Texture" and color each part as you wish. Leave highlight on white for that shiny plastic look and Voila! Barbie! C'est ne pas? Scarab

Al ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 1:27 PM

I tried to make a Barbie doll with Poser but there are a lot of things that are different. There is no junction at joint (!!!), it's impossibile (for me) to make a morph for the eyes. The body of Barbie hasn't fashion model proportions (or fashion designers use She Hulk sized model). So I think I'll made somegood photo to a Barbie doll and I'll try to make one. Thanks everyone! AL

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 3:37 PM

For the proportions, go to the pulldown menu under "figure" ->"height" ->choose "supermodel" Morphs? you want facial morphs? go to Traveler's Morphworld (url in the list at right) PS: sorry, I should have said tweak the x and Z scale on waist and legs and x and y on arms. Scarab <-dont give up...try it!

Huolong ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2000 at 10:05 PM

The Barbie Doll looks different from the Barbie shown in the Barbie coloring books and other graphic presentations. Which are you looking for? The doll or the character in the comics? Both are peddled by mattel.

Gordon

Al ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 5:44 AM

I will not use for commercial purpose the model. I want to make a TOY STORY-like image. Then I need a Barbie doll like object. But it looks like everybody think that Mattel will make a war for this!!! Sorry for the question! AL

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.