Fri, Sep 20, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Open GL problem---Vue shut down my computer

Himico ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 5:24 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:28 AM

After I checked the open GL selection in the General Preferences, I cant open Vue4.2. If I try to open it, it shuts down the computer. The computer says The system has recovered from a serious error. My computer is Window XP.
Thank you.

niandji ( ) posted Wed, 17 December 2003 at 5:42 PM

Open GL is a bit of a bugger in Vue (I take it that you have a Nvidia card, right?); if you can't get vue to open at all, you are gonna have to uninstall it and reinstall it again. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a way to change the display setting from outside of the program.

Mazak ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 10:18 AM

Attached Link: http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

file_89342.jpg

I dont know where Vue4 save the settings, maybe in registry. I have a GeForce4 Ti 4000 card; the newest NVIDIA drivers help me a lot! http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp And these settings: Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Himico ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 10:21 AM

niandji,and Mazak, thank you very much for your help. Himico.

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 1:44 AM

So no more updates for Vue 4.2 now that Vue pro is out? Marque

Mazak ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 6:31 AM

HeHeHe... next update is Vue5??? ;-) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

chuawenching ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 11:30 AM

I had the same problems on Vue Pro, but my card is ATI Radeon 9600 Pro Ultra 128MB and using ATI Catalyst driver. Any help to fix that? Thanks.

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 11:47 AM

If you have problems with OpenGL deactivate 'Enable background draw thread' in options first. Not all Video Cards support that feature. If that not help deactivate OpenGL complete. See in manual page 258. (German version) :( Mazak btw. Download always the latest Video driver before you give up.

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 2:14 PM

What they said. And add to the list of drivers being sure you have the latest AGP driver for your motherboard chipset. Also, be wary of anything that grabs control of the video card's memory (dancing screensavers, animated helps, anything of that nature). That can cause all sorts of problems if it insists on grabbing the wrong block....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.