Fri, Sep 20, 11:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: How much stuff do you buy for YOUR Barbies? Er, Vickies?

FishNose ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 8:47 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:50 AM

I've been putting this off for a long time.... but finally I gritted my teeth and summed up my purchases of Poser stuff here at Rosity. Since Jan 01 I've spent..... about $1500. Now that's only here in the MP. I won't even consider going into the state of affairs concerning DAZ, RuntimeDNA, PoserPros, 3DCommune, PoserStyle, PoserWorld etc etc.... no, let's NOT discuss that. Oh no. I mean, when I need to buy new socks for myself it hurts when I have to spend 5 bucks. I'd rather live with holes. But for my Vickis? Oh they get every single thing they point at. And Steph and PT and Alexa and Eve and MayaDoll and Sara oh my word..... Even Mike and the guys every now and then. So they're all sitting here on my shoulders, or lying in the way on the mouse mat, looking eagerly through the MP, saying, "Ooooh I want THAT dress!" or "Wow! Lookit those groovy SHOES!" etc. And I groan and say, "Look, you have those shoes already, go look in your wardrobe, OK?" "Oh....." Quiet reigns for a few seconds.... "Well, how about THOSE then? The red ones? The really TALL ones??" Sigh.... "No, you don't have those." "We want them! We want them!" "Okay, okay..." Am I a Poser nut? Noooo not half. :] Fish - has only starving moths in his wallet

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 8:53 AM

lol My Vickis and Koshinis and company have a LOT more clothes and shoes than I do. It's very sad, really.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 10:08 AM

LOL Fish... Don't I know it. I dare not tally up how much I've spent, but it's about 1000 times as much as I spend on clothes for myself. Actually I can't remember when I last bought some clothes for myself. or for the kids for that matter. Hubby got a new shirt this week coz we were going to his mom's silver anniversary. I almost fainted when I saw the price - 170 kr (approx 28$). On the other hand I spend about that amount yesterday on that little doggie over at Poser Pros... "Oooh look, a little BAG for it too... And another texture... and poses... and..." and I didn't even BLINK! LOL But at the silver Anniversary I wore shoes that had holes in the soles (really!) But.. Noone could see THAT side of them, right? :o) Gotta save my money for the IMPORTANT things!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Himico ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 11:01 AM

I did not spend too much. But , I have lots of them sleeping in my HD.
Did you use them ?
I decide not to buy them except only basic stuff.
Quitted P club, and get Cinema4D, or LightWave.
I also want to graduate Barbie play. It may not easy-------.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 11:21 AM
Online Now!

Well, I haven't spent quite as much as you. But you only asked about Vicky. What I spent on Mike doesn't count, right? ;-)

majesticartist ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 11:24 AM

well,I've only been doing Poser since maybe June but have already spent a cple hundred bucks..not to bad I think.. but the hubster thinks otherwise...LOL "You spent how much on hair"?!?!.. and I to have alot of stuff just sitting on my hd and on backup cd's for that "just in case I'll need it" time..LOL

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 12:45 PM

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to MUCH!! Have to start eating bugs soon. Burp!! scuse me :-)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 12:58 PM

I don't want to talk about it. I'm in denial. Middle-aged men, playing with Barbies.....no way! I'm a Serious 3D Graphic Artiste!!!! Playing with Barbies.....mutter......mutter.......

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

sparrowheart ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 1:40 PM

"Actually I can't remember when I last bought some clothes for myself." That's me too!! My justification is that Victoria/Stephanie (even KOSHINI!) look better in clothes than I do anyway. ;-) Kimberly

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 2:09 PM

Bilmey - I so daredn't add my spending up - I am not ready for that! Let's put it this way - my little Poser people are bloody spoiled! Spoiled, I tell you.

FishNose ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 2:21 PM

By the way - By Jan 01 I mean Jan 2001, not since the 1st Jan this year :o) .... Which makes it about $500 per year. At Rosity alone. :] Fish

duckmango ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 2:52 PM

Fish:

So, you spend a little over $40 per month at Rosity? Hey, that sounds OK to me -- doesn't sound like you're indulging your Poser characters too much.

I spend around $90 per month, spreading out my purchases between Rosity, RDNA, DAZ, Poserpros, Poserworld, Poserstyle, Sixus Media, Sams3d, and PhilC. Just trying to do my part in supporting merchants I like.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 4:01 PM

I keep a spreadsheet (I know, I'm anal) with date, amount, where. It subtracts from my running allowance total. I can't look at it right now but my 3D expenditure was around $1,800 for this year (that's at various places like here and DAZ, etc., a few books, Mojoworld, and some of that was gifts and donations for other people). Too much considering what I have turned out.

caulbox ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 4:07 PM

I don't buy as much as most people seem to.

PandaPride ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 4:24 PM

I don't really see vikie as a barbie, barbie's too perfect and never trys to be anything less. Vicie on the other hand she can be out of shape, butt, thighs and all and not care about the perfect factor ;O)

Nightwind ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 5:01 PM

Oh they are much better dressed than I am for sure. Fortunately my husband is very supportive of my insanity...as are my friends. I think that's a good thing...wanders off humming the lala land song "No Totals for Me"

Porthos ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 5:11 PM

I've been known to spend on average $150 a month, one month recently I went over the $300 ignores repo man hammering on front door! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 5:49 PM

$1,450 since September '01... Oh dear.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 6:07 PM

The way I look at it is, I could go bar hopping with friends and spend a couple of C notes with nothing to show but a hang-over. I can stay home, spend a few in the marketplace and have something to show for it. I tend to buy in spurts. Only a $1000. But the year is not over yet.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 6:07 PM

Since getting this addiction approximately 20 months ago, I have spent something around $6000 on content. Since becoming a merchant, I have made around $150. try to imagine my "scared rabbit in the headlights expression" Something tells me I would not make a great CEO. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 6:41 PM

Hello, Between Rosity Market place, DAZ, Runtime DNA and PoserPros I spend about $100.00 a month on Poser. I guess I am a compulsive buyer, lol. I also am a member at PoserWorld too. I did buy myself a new pair of jeans and a dress for Christmas at K-Mart however. Happy Holidays, Nancy (SophiaDeer)

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 7:15 PM

I'm forced to buy new pants...ripped a huge hole in mine yesterday...a bit drafty today in just the jockies, but I'm washing my jeans now so I can hit the store tomorrow... And yes....I spend my cash on Poser and computer stuff... don't have much left anymore,(cash), but I don't drink or smoke or have any other vices...other than this one

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 7:58 PM

Between Renderosity, Renderotica, RDNA, DAZ and Zeta Studios I have spent since June 2001:

$5874.91

:o)

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 8:00 PM

You guys are making me look much better to my wife...wait till I show here these figures :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 11:36 PM

Well, NOW we know how DAZ supports Studio development. Too bad CL missed the bus on that one.

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 11:59 PM

Well I'm in above 6000! Not counting the 500 I spent in the last month and a half. Can you say hiding credit card statements from hubby! lol

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

elgyfu ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 2:28 AM

Oh, thank goodness I am not the only one doing that, Pokeydots. And I used to be such a good girl....

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 4:53 AM

Probably $100-150 average a month until recently. I've finally reached saturation point and am truely losing track of who's made what when I do my credits listings. If I tallied up my purchases, which is a loooooong list here at R'osity, I'd probably delete Poser in disgust for being such a financial bottomless pit- it's smart of R'osity NOT to put a tally at the bottom of our purchases account like they do at the bottom of the wish list ! Hey, just thought of a good New Years resolution..........!!

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 5:52 AM

Pokey and SamT, you both win! LOL! and bshafer is a very, very good third. Phew, I feel better now... :o) Think I need to go buy some Poser stuff, oh yes! But I betcha I can fill in my credit card numbers faster'n you guys - takes me about 3 seconds. Zoom! The worst part is - I only ever use about a quarter of it. Of the purchased stuff. And then we have all the hoarded freebies... :] Fish

pokeydots ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 2:32 PM

I use to be a good girl too! lol Then something evil happened! All the great merchants, making all the great products! I can't resist! But, as Fishnose has said, maybe not spending so much will be my New Years resolution! (I never follow through on my resolutions!lol)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 4:15 PM

As I develop that mysterious concept called "income" I will probably spend about $30-50/month on my Poser addiction. BUT..I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs (anymore...at my age the people you have to do business with should be dating your grandkids...) so I have a couple of hobbies, and Poser has become the main one. I know people here that spend WAY more than that on booze, electronic bingo and pulltabs, and the enevitable tickets for driving under the influence. And this is just per weekend. I'll take my quiet little Poser addiction, thank you! Now, if I could come up with another 500+MB of RAM for my laptop (my other addiction) and figure out how to fix what my kids did to the DVD player...life would be sweet.

ShadowWind ( ) posted Sun, 21 December 2003 at 9:27 AM

In the two years I've been doing this, I have spent about $3000 between all the stores, but I honestly don't buy that much in the way of Vicky/Mike accessories, but more props and sets. The sad part is I have more stuff than I could probably ever use and I still find myself buying new things... In the words of Jim Carrey, from Mask...Someone STOP ME! ShadowWind

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 21 December 2003 at 5:08 PM

I only really started using P5 this year even though I got it just after it came out and have just discovered that since August I've spent much more than I though or wanted to, ie. $1476. The one who's got most of my hard earned cash is DAZ, then Poserworld (I got a lifetime membership), then R'osity, and the least went to RDNA, although I've got lots on my wish list over there, as well as here and at DAZ. There must be a cure for this illness, if not I think I'm done for. lol 8) Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.