Fri, Sep 20, 11:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: V3 Eye Mats.. Help?

Elantriell ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 3:20 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 8:21 AM

I really need some help with eye texturing, or better said how to make them work correctly. Eyes have always been my pain when it comes to poser texturing, i'm making a realistic pack for v3 now and wanted the eyes to be realistic as well. Now i have my real textures, but, when i make my MATs in mat pose edit, they come out really odd looking when i render. Some parts may be missing, or have a different color, and the eye white would just glow instead of having veins and looking like a real eye.. I'm sure i'm doing something wrong in there, i just dont know what, i keep trying different variations but the results end up far away from what i wanted them to be. So, can someone give an example of how should these damn v3 eyes be in a MAT file?

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 4:05 PM

Are you using P4 or P5? I had a problem with eye MAT poses in P5. I fixed it by loading an existing DAZ partial MAT into MPE and then changing the textures to mine and saving it out again. MPE does not support partial MAT poses for P5 if you're making them from new.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 4:10 PM

You have to make the cornea transparent when rendering in poser. (I think it's just there for other software to use really). Also get a standard eye texture from a reliable source eg a DAZ original one for V3 and just compare the size and scale to your eye texture to make sure they are in the right position. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 4:26 PM

V3 also seems to have texture mats strength off. Go into the materials and make sure strength is set at 100.

scourge ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 4:38 PM

file_89640.jpg

Elantriell, Are you using Poser 5 or Poser 4/Pro Pack? MAT Pose Edit v3.0.0 doesn't convert bump strength and highlight size correctly for P5 MATs. So if you're using P5 it's possible that the highlight size is way too high. We've managed to solve these problems with ronstuff (thank you Ron!) but there are still a couple of other tasks to do before I'm going to release the update. Make also sure you have all the 8 eye materials in the MAT file (see the screenshot).

Karen,
MPE would support P5 partial MATs if they worked in Poser 5. Poser 5 needs the complete shadertree in the MAT files, otherwise it just uses default values for the properties, thus erasing all the previous values. Only P4 formatted partial MATs can work in Poser 5, but then other problems may rise. So there's really no perfect solution to this unless CL decides to fix this in the next SR, which I doubt.

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 4:56 PM

I wish they would fix it... but probably not. I admit I really don't know much about how MAT files work or their internal structure. I really want to find a way of making P5 MAT files which includes all the nodes. I suppose I could edit it from a CR2 file but that's such a drag. I have got too used to the efficiency and speed of MPE! :-D

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

scourge ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 5:09 PM

I'm sure it would be damn easy to fix the partial MAT issue in P5 but then again, MAT files aren't officially supported in Poser. Don't worry, when I get to release the update you'll be able to import all the nodes in MPE. The coding is almost done, but there's still some UI designing to do.

Elantriell ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 12:51 AM

Thanks for the tips. I'm using Poser 5, and Mat pose edit 4.01

scourge ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 1:37 AM

Attached Link: http://koti.mbnet.fi/~ilaripih/MPEHome/

MAT Pose Edit 4.01? The latest released version of MPE is 3.0.0.

Elantriell ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 2:30 AM

Silly me! I always confuse stuff, now that i checked the info it's version 2.0.3

scourge ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 2:52 AM

OK, then I recommend upgrading to v3.0.0. Just remember that if you save the eye MATs in P5 format you'll probably need to lower the highlight size and bump strength values with a text-editor. I hope I can release v3.1.0 (which fizes the P5 problems) this year.

Elantriell ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 3:15 AM

Ok, thanks for the link!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.