Tue, Oct 8, 9:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: Making one's own textures..

soulhuntre ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 6:59 AM ยท edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:50 AM

Ok, with recent events I have just about decided to work on textures of my own for my own use - this is the push I needed to do it on a larger scale than I had. I looked at the "base textures" out there, and while they look like they are well meaning to be honest it is kind of making me nervous that theya ll have restrictiosn (and rightly so) about how much you have to change them... thats very subjective. So I have a few requests for info: 1) Anyone who has used a "base texture" pack from here or elsewhere, how do you like it? 2) Those who have use the phot reference CD's, how do you like them? Do they help? 3) If I want to make it all from scratch, owning every single pixel by my own hand (and camera) are there any guides/tutorials that can give pointers of what kind of pictures to take... hints, tips and so on? Thanks!

SWAMP ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 7:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cakeone.com/Debut.htm

Might want to take a look at Cake One's tut for the face...

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 7:35 AM

Now just hold on a moment! If these are just for your own use, you don't need to worry about anything; you can raid other texture files all you like, modify them any way you please, just so long as you don't distribute the result, and just use it in your own renders.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 7:58 AM

"If these are just for your own use, you don't need to worry about anything; you can raid other texture files all you like, modify them any way you please, just so long as you don't distribute the result, and just use it in your own renders." That's fine... but it isn't going to be good enough for me. We make a substantial part of our income doing 3D work for clients, and that includes custom designed characters for use in corporate identity. It woudl be nice to sell them a texture directly instead of adding it to the list of things they have to buy (they already need to buy a seperate copy of the meshes we use as a base for instance).

Poppi ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 8:39 AM

sounds like you are a commercial venture. it might be worth your while to invest in deep paint 3d, or body paint. i have deep paint, and actually enjoy sitting down and making textures with it. you could probably write it off, too. it is made by right hemisphere.

pazu ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 9:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Form.ViewPages=100

There is a great tutorial on turning a photo into a texture right here on Renderosity. Also many other extremely useful tutorials. Just click "tutorials" at the top of this page, then select "Poser" from the list.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.