Sat, Sep 21, 7:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: ok ,, back to the Patrias redux

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 4:01 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:50 AM

file_90278.jpg

Just a few shots ... hitting the home stretch on these now. If the dynamics were better, I think this might be one of my favorite shots, but too much blank space on the left side. Even cropped tight it remains.

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 4:05 PM

file_90279.jpg

There was just something about this guy. Couldn't understand a word he said, but still made me laugh. :)

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 4:08 PM

file_90280.jpg

DHolman ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 4:16 PM

file_90281.jpg

Random face in the crowd shot. Can you think of any better reason to visit Brazil. :) -=>Donald

Misha883 ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 5:21 PM

Seems like a good reason to me!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 8:20 PM

Really like 2 & 3... the mischievious look in that guys eye is fantastic in #2. And 3 is just perfect.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 23 December 2003 at 9:43 PM

Great shots! As to the first one, photoshop in one of the dancers! Or the gut in the second shot, he has the right lighting angles but he is missing feet so that may be tough.

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 12:46 AM

The blank space in #1 doesn't bother me. Maybe it's just me but the little girl seems to be looking at something in that direction... which gives me the feeling there is something there, just out of sight... It takes the whole scene out of the borders of the photo... makes it feel larger than it is... Just like the guy on stage is looking in the other direction gives the feeling of a "Bigger Picture" (No pun intended) I work in video production and there is a camera technique which gives the same feeling... Ever notice when there is a "One shot" ...one person in the frame... the compo is mostly to one side... If the person is looking right, you would frame them to the left of the compo... it gives the feeling there is someone there out of frame that the person is talking to (even if no one is there) Ok... I'm babbling! Anyway, I like the shot!

Even if you choose not to choose, you still have made a choice

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 4:08 PM

well, TMD said it... they're all great you know i luv your postings here, even though i give you a hard time don't ever stop! content.gifholiday hugz (yes, i still have a few left)

DHolman ( ) posted Thu, 25 December 2003 at 6:53 AM

Cyn - My momma always told me that the girls who teased you were the ones who like you the most. :D I wouldn't have it any other way. Giant Holiday Hugz for my favorite sweetie in the cute little elf costume. Ooooooooooooo WOOOF Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanzaa and general Happy Holidays everyone. Peace and happiness to all my friends around the world. GROUP HUG -=>Donald

DHolman ( ) posted Thu, 25 December 2003 at 7:00 AM

TMD - Almost missed that one. :) I can see what you're saying. And please, if this is you babbling ... keep it up. That's good stuff. Gives me another way to look at the image. It's stuff like that (whether I use it or not) that helps to define my photographic eye and my composition style. It's really appreciated. -=>Donald

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.