Wed, Oct 2, 10:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Bryce 4 3D

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 8:05 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 4:20 PM

Does anyone know of any stores in the Texas area that may have a new Bryce 4 3D for sale as cheap as possible? Can't use Bryce 5 because it doesn't like my Windows 98. Thank you for your help. (:

Carol aka Sassy
If you can't stand the heat,
Don't tickle the dragon!

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel/Products/Downloads&id=1042551234521

Did you try installing the Bryce 5.1 patch?

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:23 AM

Bryce 5 was made to only work in Windows 2000, XP, etc, not windows 98. So I'm looking to buy Bryce 4 as cheaply as possible. (: Thank you for responding!

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:28 AM

NO! Bryce 5 will work in 98. I'm using it in Windows ME without any problems and that's just a takeoff on 98.

Quest ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:37 AM

Bryce 5 is presently selling for about $75.00 if I'm not mistaking but it sounds like you already have Bryce 5 and can't get it to work in Windows 98. Bryce 5 was made to work in; From system requirements; 'Windows 98, Windows 2000. Windows ME or Windows NT 4.0 with SP6 or higher."

canine ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:53 AM

ebay

rickymaveety ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 10:54 AM

Yeah, there's a buy it now on Bruce 4 for only $35. Complete set.

Could be worse, could be raining.

BabaLouie ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 11:04 AM

Before you lay out the money for B4, tell us why you think B5 will not work on your system. There are plenty of us here who can offer you help. As Quest has pointed out, B5 is designed to work on your Win 98 system, in fact I have used it on 98 1st and 2nd editions as well as Win2k, all service packs. BabaLouie

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 11:35 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't win98 the primary os in use when Bryce 5 was released?

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 12:04 PM

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel/Products/productInfo&id=1042551234521 This is why I thought Bryce 5 wouldn't work on Windows 98...look on the left: System Requirements Microsoft Windows 2000 or Microsoft Windows XP It didn't say anything about windows 98. Then I got to thinking(UH OH-LOOK OUT!)that I really couldn't afford that much at this time anyway, so it might be best if I go ahead and get an older version. That 35 dollar deal sounds more of a chance right now. I'm going to write rickymaveety and find out where that is on sale now. Thank you all for your responses!! (:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 12:16 PM

One more thing, babalouie already got this spam. roflmao! If anyone would like to see my entry at the 2003 Christmas contest...first page, look for windchimes & a 'back porch' view, and pleeeeeeease vote for me! (: It was my first entry at Renderosity thus the stupid comment not explaining I made everything on the entry from scratch, piece by piece. (:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 2:36 PM

I ran Bryce 5 fine on Windows 98 (SR2)..what version are you running?

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 3:06 PM

well over at corel it says system requirement is win2000 and winxp. Now I've heard that isn't true. Thank you for responding (: I didn't buy it yet. I think the version 4 is more in my money range though.

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

Aldaron ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 4:12 PM

Bryce 5 will work on Win98. The reason it's not listed anymore is because Microsfot is drooping support for anything before Win2K. For any version check out E-bay (if you want to take that chance) or Amazon.com. The price for Bryce 5 is really low. How much are you willing to spend?

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 4:17 PM

around 35 dollars for the version 4 sounds good to me. (: there aren't any new of version 4's at ebay though. I'll check out amazon.com. thank you for responding! (:

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

DigitalSteve ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 5:17 PM

Bryce 5 runs pretty well on win98. It is slightly more stable on on win98 second edition but not much. Corel are advertising it as win2k minimum because Microsoft have dropped support for win98, so most software developers will not support it either. I have ran B5 on win98 1st edition and second edition with no more problems than you would expect on from a cpu intensive, memory eating app. A couple of tips if your get B5. 1.Go to your graphics card manafacturers website and dl the latest drivers that will run on win98. 2.Don't try to use other apps while bryce is rendering, it really grabs hold of your cpu. This is just my personal opinion. If the gods of 3d graphic goodness ever wave there fingers your way(money wise) upgrade your os to win2kpro, it's the difference between viniger and sugar!

CarolSassy ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 9:32 PM

Thank you Steve! (: I really appreciate your input on this. Maybe I will go ahead and update to win2000. There's a chance I can do it without it costing much. Merry Christmas!!

Carol aka Sassy
Don't tickle the dragon!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 25 December 2003 at 12:49 AM

Attached Link: http://www.corel.com/bryce

I've been using Bryce 5 on my Win98 machine since Bryce 5 came out. Corel sells Bryce 5 for $75 now.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.