Thu, Sep 19, 11:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Callout for tutorial suggestions.

Nicholas86 ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 10:20 AM ยท edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 7:24 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dxtract.com

http://www.3dxtract.com I've got a tutorial in the works for the next issue. But I'm requesting suggestions on what you all would like to see/learn about. Ask and I'll give. cheers, Brian Hinton

Vidar ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 1:07 PM

hello Brian,i liked your tutorial about particles in the last mag a lot,well explained and a very cool technic! what do you think about a tutorial on using physics?

Rimkopf ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 5:47 PM

Different kind of modelling tuts (beginners and a little above). You are doing a great job..so pls keep this running

tkane18 ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 10:04 AM

I really liked the vertex modeller tutorial by Cecilia Ziemer in the first issue. That vertex modelling always seems to be a tough one for people. I'd like to see an official step-by-step tutorial on importing a Poser figure into C3. I know there are quite a few posts and tutorials out there and there are rumors of a "soon to be released" plugin, but I would still like to see one. By the way, both issues were awesome.

wscottart ( ) posted Sat, 20 December 2003 at 9:31 AM

How about some tutorials on using dynamic lofting, extruding etc in the vertex modeler. The manual just does not do a very good job of explaining precisely how to use these tools.

hartcons ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 10:43 PM

How about one on how to do character animation using both FK and IK. I know Carrara's animation tools aren't super-deep but it does at least have some.

Flycatcher ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 1:12 PM

As someone who has Carrara Studio 3 currently on order and zero experience with the product, I shall shortly be looking for beginner to intermediate level tutorials on all aspects of the program. Don't know what's out there already yet - just dropped into this forum for a quick peek at what was happening, how active it was, etc. and thought I'd lend support to Rimkopf's plea. Merry Christmas all!

hartcons ( ) posted Wed, 24 December 2003 at 5:52 PM

Welcome flycatcher to the Carrara community. In addition to the various modellers (spline, vertex, text, metaball and terrain) you can also do some modeling right in the Assemble Room (the room you're in when Carrara starts up). You can throw down a sphere and add a Bulge modifier to make a quick barbell, for example (and this effect can be animated over time). Booleans used to be a faux pas but supposedly in C3 they work much better. Overlap a couple primitives and do an Edit/3D Boolean operation and then if you like you can double-click on the result to take it into the vertex modeler and do more work on it. If you have some dingbat fonts installed (they come with little shapes instead of letters) you can do some quick shapes in the Text modeller just adding bevels to a dingbat font letter. view/use collision detection can be handy for making sure that one object stacks neatly on top of another in the assemble room. anyway, hope you enjoy Carrra as much as I do.

Flycatcher ( ) posted Thu, 25 December 2003 at 7:31 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the tips, Hartcons. Looking forward to getting my hands on the app.

sailor_ed ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 7:27 AM

Maybe it's just me but a tutorial on the C3 uv mapper would be helpful. Congrats on a great mag!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.