Fri, Sep 20, 11:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Automated sprite sheet with Photoshop or Imageready

mbevand ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 12:49 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 12:12 AM

Hello guys from a new member, I'lm looking for a way to automate sprite sheets from single bitmaps. I have several bitmaps (over 30) and I would like to put them all next to each other in one big single .bmp file. I've tried using Photoshop's automated tools (such as contact sheet) but the result is not what I want as it leaves large white spaces between each image and resizes them. A friend of mine told me to use imageready to obtain that result, but I can't seem to find what to do (my file -> export options are grayed out...). does anyone know an automated technique to do that ? If it's using anothe software, that's cool. Thanks in advance, MB

retrocity ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 7:17 PM

i made an action for this a while back... i think there's a thread in the archives that may help... let me go look

:)
retrocity

retrocity ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 7:24 PM

try this thread one of the posted solutions is in ImageReady, it may be what your friend was talking about... Let me know if you have any trouble with the instruction for creating the PS Action or if you want mine, i'll try to dig it up...

ps. you'll want to enlarge your canvas to fit all your images "side-by-side" after you've imported them...

:)
retrocity

mbevand ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 4:51 AM

Thanks for your reply! I already knew how to put all my images in the same .psd file in different layers. What I'm trying to do is put them all in the same layer side by side in rows and columns, but without the empty margin created by Contact Sheet. Any help ?

yomah ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 7:38 AM

What I would do is follow whatever steps retrocity said to get them all together in one file and do some math. Say each image is one inch by one inch, I would increase my canvas size to handle about five across. Then you would have six rows down. Select and link the layers of your first row and use the Align feature in the Option bar and align them by TOP. Do the next set of images for the second row, and so on, and so on...

You can also Distribute across to spread them evenly.
Just merge your layers after you're done.

Yoshi

mbevand ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2003 at 8:06 AM

Sounds good Yoshi, i'll try that. Thanks !

Heronheart ( ) posted Thu, 25 December 2003 at 9:35 PM

Photoshop CS includes Contact Sheet II which allows you to play with lots of paramaters to avoid white spaces and resizing. - Ken Heronheart -

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.