Sat, Sep 21, 6:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Blake's Seven stuff?

DanielChicago ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 3:00 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:40 PM

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get my hands on some models of the various starships used in the BBC sci-fi drama, "Blake's 7" (late 70s, early 80s). Specifically, I'm interested in finding a model of the "Liberator." Does anyone know of any leads? Thanks, Daniel daniel@danielchicago.com

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 6:45 PM

I miss that show and DR.Who so much! If you find some, let us all know where. If not, and you have some pics, reply to this message and I'll give you my email address. I have Rhino and I may be able to model them for you (and me too!).

DanielChicago ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 8:12 PM

Teyon, Well, according to www.horizon.org.uk, a Blake's 7 telemovie is in the works for Fall 2000 (ie, soon!). According to the Web site, the movie takes places several years after the final episode (titled "Blake"), and will star Paul Darrow, reprising his role as Avon. Doctor Who, on the other hand, has got to be my all-time favorite TV show! There are lots of great sites with 3D downloads of Daleks, TARDISes, K9, etc., though they are all mostly in 3DS format. Check out nitro9.earth.uni.edu/doctor/websites.html for some links. Or I will post some links here after work tomorrow. Daniel

DanielChicago ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2000 at 8:32 PM

time_lord5.jpgtime_lord1.jpg Teyon, Can you model these high-backed Time Lord collars for use in Poser? Thanks, Daniel

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 8:08 AM

I can try. I've never done clothing before. Just the collar? Well...here goes (and thanks for the pics). :>

DanielChicago ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 10:09 AM

Well, if you wanna tackle the helments too that would be cool. I think I can find some kind of flowing sort of robes somewhere on the Internet. Let me know if I need to look for some other examples. Gotta run before the boss catches me online, misusing company time and all that! I will post some links here tonight to some DW 3D stuff tonight!!! Daniel

DanielChicago ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 9:03 PM

As promised, here are some links to Doctor Who & Blake's 7 3D stuff I've found: http://members.tripod.co.uk/aDziE/album.html. Just found this Blake's 7 3D site. Has some great pictures. I've emailed the fellow and asked him about his "Liberator" model, but he hasn't responded yet. http://www.users.globalnet.co.uk/~mimrie/dalek/daleka.htm. If you want 3D Daleks, then this is the site to visit. You can download several great Dalek models, and there are links to the TARDIS, K9, a sonic screwdriver, and a Mechanoid from the 1965 episode "The Chase." Very cool! http://www.furnation.com/cobalt/tardis.html. This is an awesome site, definately not to be missed. You will be very impressed. I was. http://www.tobor.demon.co.uk/DrWho.htm. Another great Doctor Who 3D site. You can download a TARDIS and a Dalek, not to mention several B7/Dr Who-style spaeships. (He also has some great Terminator, Star Trek, and Lost in Space stuff here as well.) Most of the stuff available for download is in 3DS format. Speaking of which, is there a utility that will convert 3DS files to Bryce native? I've been having a hard time with a model of the TARDIS and getting the texture maps to look right. Thanks, Daniel

Teyon ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2000 at 10:32 PM

Thanks for the links, I'll check them out. I'll also do the helmet/cap thingies too. As for the 3DS thing, I haven't heard of one. I usually have to sit there and try to figure out ways of making the texture work or put the model at an angle where it doesn't really matter (My DeathStar II image is a perfect example of this half of the texture is all black).

DanielChicago ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2000 at 12:16 AM

Teyon, Thanks, that's really nice of you to model those. I can't wait to see what you come up with! Daniel daniel@danielchicago.com

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 04 September 2000 at 10:41 PM

Have you tried converting them to .obj format? Maybe that would solve the problem. Thanks for the links!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.