Sun, Sep 22, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: How do I render SMOOTH, SOFT hair?

tedbragg ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 10:50 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:52 AM

I'm bewildered with the results I'm getting from Poser hair. I got a number of Daz hair pieces, and whenever I render them (using the supplied MATs) the hair looks like it's full of split ends...like somebody put it through a meat-grinder. My renders look nothing like what other people are showing, with their soft, smooth looking hair. Mine looks coarse and -- ugh. Even with anti-alias on, the hair looks bad.

caulbox ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 11:03 AM

If you're using Poser 5, try ticking the Use texture filtering option in the Firefly settings. There's probably better ways, but texture filtering gets rid of the split ends you describe. Also DAZ doesn't supply P5 MAT files, so basically, all of your DAZ MAT files are useless with Poser 5. Scourge's MAT PoseEdit 3 is a great solution, and I hear he's striving for more P5 compatability.

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 1:01 PM

Well, most DAZ MAT files I have work well in poser5. I found that they do tend to work better if you invoke them from the material room rather than from the pose room, though. As for the "split end look", I don't really understand what you mean (english is not my native language), but have you tried the displacement trick ? (you plug the texture to the displacement node, and set the displacement value at 0.001). Hope this helps.

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 1:39 PM

Maybe the hair you have seen other people render isn't DAZ hair, as i have found that some of the hair there looks very fake and the hair seems to hang in chunks, the best hair.. and maybe the hair you have seen, is by Koz.. very real looking a lovely and soft. You can get them here: http://digitalbabes2.com/ These are purhaps the best poser 'hair' out there and best of all, amazingly they are free!! Hope that has helped -SimderZ- xXx

My Gallery

shazz501 ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 4:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3digitalcrafts.net/studiomaya/1download/wig1/wig4.html

i agree with simderella,for the best hair koz is the man!!!also you will find some nice ones by studio maya,also for free :)

tedbragg ( ) posted Sat, 27 December 2003 at 6:27 PM

Thanks, ya'll! Just got 'em! SMooth hair tonight! Who-hoo... (ahem) Geez, I need a life..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.