Fri, Sep 27, 8:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 27 7:28 am)

Subject: Poserstyle Problems

noggin ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 4:47 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 8:24 AM

Anyone know of problems at Poserstyle_ I have a subscription account_ but getting a nasty screen when I try and access with my usual link. Cyberlords Ownz you by no0b Greetz: .:[ Cr4shyng ]:. .:[ YC ]:. .:[ The_danz ]:. .:[r3d_n0se]:. .: [ Terror_br ]:. .:[c2r]:. uid=0(root) gid=0(root) Linux server.pstyleserver.com 2.4.20-8smp #1 SMP Thu Mar 13 17:45:54 EST 2003 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux [ irc.brasnet.org ] / [ #cyberlords ]

wheatpenny ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 5:11 PM
Site Admin

PoserStyle got hacked by these "Cyberlords" guys last week sometime abd PS is still working on fixing all the damage they did (The entire content of the site was deleted, among other things). It may be a few more days before Will gets it up and running again.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

ookami ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 5:11 PM

Yup... they were hacked by script kiddies and apparently, aren't serious enough about their site to have it up again in 24-48 hours... It was taken down sometime on the 22nd or 23rd and it's still down. I'm a little ticked. How many subscribers do they have besides me? You would think they would have busted their butts to get the site back up or at least a message with an ETA. Nope... nothing. Sure... you can say "But it's the holidays..." but it was the holiday for me too, and I ran my kids and adults martial arts classes, was on-call for work, worked on 3 commissions and updated my art website and my martial arts school website.... as well as spent time with my girlfriend, spent time with my family and nieces and nephews, and did some personal training... And I'm one person... how many people are there over at Poserstyles? They had problems with the site the last time I had a subscription and I let it lapse because it took them WAY too long to get it up and running. They have subscribers... customers... clients... whatever you want to call us... so they need to treat it like it's a business - because it IS. That means... if you're site goes down, you bust your butt to get it up ASAP! When my site goes down, I'm on the phone immediately with my ISP, hoster or whoever I need to talk to in order to get it up ASAP. Heck, I've switched hosting providers in 24 hours because my site was down and I was happy with their response time in getting it back up. That's part of being a business owner and caring about your clients. Has there even been an official post here on the forums to let their customers know what happened?

fauve ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 5:30 PM

I just wish they'd replace the script-kiddie page with something like "Under Construction" or whatever. It annoys me all over again every time I check back over there to see if the site's back up and I get that "Cyb3rl0rdz 0wNz0rs J00!!" crap.

CoreArts ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 6:52 PM

guys give them a few days, there probable having trouble with it, the last time it was hacked they gave me 2 months of extra time, so i wouldn't doubt they would do it again.

keweljewels ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 7:07 PM

If everything was deleted, and with Christmas, and maybe they work regular jobs it take a while. I wouldnt be angry at them but the script kiddies. Its sad that there are kids or adults out there malicious enough to do that.

ookami ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 9:23 PM

I guess some of us are just remembering how long it took this LAST time to get everything back up and running... How long was that again?

CoreArts ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 9:26 PM

well they were putting out there weekely releasess through renderosity post, but i belive it was two weeks

elizabyte ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 10:44 PM

It would take less than five minutes to replace that idiotic script kiddy grafitti page with a simple temporary index page with some word about what has happened. They do NOT take their site, their customers, or their business seriously. Holidays or not, we're talking about a MINIMAL time investment here. I got an email from them a few weeks back saying they wanted me to come back and offering me a "good" renewal deal, but I passed, and I'm so glad I did. Nothing has changed as far as the way they run their business and their website. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

ookami ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 10:56 PM

Well said Bonni, you hit the nail on the head... holiday or not, they need to run their site like a business.... not a free personal webpage. I know "I" would be embaressed if my site was hacked and would replace the script kiddie page asap!

elizabyte ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 11:00 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1582750

Oh, and by the way, there was a statement of some sort here in the forums. Link attached. It was posted on the 23rd. This is the 28th (at least there in the States ;-). bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

CoreArts ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2003 at 6:36 PM

well everyone is intitled to there opinon, but blasting the site now should be reserved for current members not a prior disastisfied one.

elizabyte ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 5:59 AM

Heh. Yeah. It's totally wrong of me to think it's utterly unprofessional to leave a script kiddy grafitti page on one's so-called business site. And it's only because I'm a dissatisfied previous customer. Whatever. bonni

CoreArts ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 2:30 PM

well the script is down, and a new message is there now, have fun all, and have a very merry new year

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.