Fri, Sep 20, 4:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Computer Help! Help!!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!!

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 11:01 AM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 10:54 PM

Dear Cobber's....does anyone know how to recover....on XP...something that was "Deleted"...or ...."Recycled". There is such a thing as the "Recycling Bin"....I am sure You are all aware of this, however......err....I seem to have "Recycled" it....or..."Deleted" it from My System.....now....there is heaps of Rubbish (apart from My own Photography) building up....but....the Garbage Man has taken a Vacation :[ Only simple Computer Language will be understood by Me, because since I helped Earnest Rutherford, a fellow New Zealander, "Split the Atom"....I seem to have become infected with a Learning difficulty. Hugz :]

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 11:27 AM

how do you delete the recycling bin?... have you done a search for it? you could use the RESTORE feature back to a time when you had the recycle bin, it won't effect your files, only remove any programs or settings you have since installed although, i'm no expert

Tommy3D ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 11:55 AM

Cynlee is right, just pick the day before you deleted the bin and all will be fine. A word of advice given your track record---never handle firearms or sharp objects:) Hugz, Tommy

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 12:40 PM

eeeer....I have no idea when I deleted it....but....I have hunted for it....even under My Bed....I don't know....I think it was a long time ago.....as I think I also Deleted the Delete Files to emails..(Outlook)....they no longer (the Man in My Computer) ask...."Do You want to Delete"...."Are You sure You want to Delete?"....so....I guess I have Deleted the Delete Man too :[ Thanks for Your Help.....and, Tommy...I don't handle Sharp Objects.....but, I have been known to hold Bazookas :]

Tommy3D ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 12:57 PM

Ok--all kidding aside--do a full system restore with the disc that came with your computer. If you have a cd burner save all your files, pics, downloads ect.---anything you can't re-install to disc. Then run the restore, after your system is back to where it was when you got your PC, then re-install your programs, the net and the files you saved to disc. I have had to do this before--it is no fun. Hope you are not busy for the next few hours--this takes time depending how many programs and files you have. BEFORE you do this ask Michelle if any of the techs at RR have a easier way to go. But it looks like you have deleted more than you know, what you have described deleting takes a lot of other stuff you need with it. Sorry Pal:) Big Hugz (you will need them) Tommy

Lalani ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 1:18 PM

Ohhhhh waitaminute! I have a program that can restore everything you have deleted, if it hasn't been recycled into new space yet. I can email the file to you, it is only 190kb, that is if you haven't restored the system yet. :( Let me know if you want to try it! huggles

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 1:52 PM

First of all I don't think the recycle bin can be deleted from the system. You probably just deleted the icon from your computer. Do a system restore is a last resort, if this is the only thing that is missing from your desktop don't do it!! This reformats the HD, and will wipe out everything on your system, and you will spend hours if not 1-2 days trying to get your system back to the way it was before the restore. As cynlee said do a search for it on your HD, and I will see what I can find out for you.... hang on!!

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 1:53 PM

You probably just deleted the icon from your computer What I meant to say was you probably just deleted the icon from your desktop!

--- michelleamarante.com

Michelle A. ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 2:06 PM

Attached Link: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/n1048278058

I don't have Win XP so I couldn't test this out.... I have Win Me and when I got to a certain point I couldn't go any further....

--- michelleamarante.com

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 3:03 PM

Ok...thanx awfully everyone....I have gone to the Link Michelle....but...what it suggests....does not show up...I might have moved that too....no big deal....but...System Restore....can wait....I have not the time....I will just leave the "Status Quo"...until....whenever....until, I have time. thanks again all :]

3DGuy ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 6:01 PM

Attached Link: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810869

Information from the horse's mouth so to speak: Here's how MS tells you to solve it :)

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

Tedz ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 7:31 PM

Thanx again ...the Problems sorted....and wee Lalani...I have burnt Your File to Disc....and mass Mailed them away....to all those that I may have caused Havoc to...for a small fee of course...Thanks.....oops.....is that an Advertisement for a Pawn Broker trailing behind Me....I hope Not! Happy New Year!

enax ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 8:33 AM

I'm late again :( ... but not late to say Happy New Year :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.