Sat, Sep 21, 1:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: stitching photos to create a panorama

cybrbeast ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 1:08 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 1:26 AM

This is my first try at realistic photo manipulation. A friend of mine took a series of panorama shots at our high school (6th year) prank. But it had many ugly seems and stuff. Here it is: http://annom85.tripod.com/christo/fotos/internet/panorama.jpg it's our former school, which me and a couple of friends wrapped up. I want to make a poster out of it so I've tried to fix the seems etc. I think it worked quite well. I even removed the person at the right of the above picture. I mostly used the clone stamp, magnetic lasso and image balance tools. http://home.wanadoo.nl/panthon/blog/pics/superpanorama.jpg (1,5MB) What do you guys think? Any tips?

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 3:41 PM

It came out rather good? Didn't it? I would try to get, like, the grass to have one color over the whole picture. Maybe by making a selection and replacing the color, or by recreating the grass based on one particular piece. But that would be trial and error. Adjustment layers with mask might work. The main point always should be if people who don't know would, well, have a clue that stitching has been practised. In this case, most of the people who enjoyed the prank will look at it as a sufficient recording of the event. And not see the photoshopping.

dreamer101 ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 6:19 PM

Photoshop CS has a nice photomerge feature great for things like that. I would play with Curves (Ctrl-M) on each image before putting them together.

Heronheart ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 11:32 AM

A couple tips on doing panoramas by "hand". 1) Keep everthing on seperate layers as long as possible. 2) To line up your layers, set your top layer to "Difference" mode and adjust position, size and shape until the overlapping region looks as black as possible. 3) Once your layers are lined up, add a "layer mask" to your top layer and use a large soft airbrush with black color to erase the seam. 4) If your photo's were taken one after another, most of the color difference can be taken care of with a "Levels" command or adjustment layer clipped to the layer you're working on. Hope that helps, - Ken Heronheart -

RubiconDigital ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 6:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/stitching.shtml

This is a pretty good tutorial on doing it by hand in Photoshop.

cybrbeast ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 12:26 AM

Thanks for the help guys.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.