Tue, Oct 22, 4:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Stephanie uses just about everything, doesn't she?

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 6:54 PM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 5:35 AM

file_91429.jpg

Not a great graphic, no postwork...Sassy hair and poses (BBay) are for Stephanie, but the rest were not made for her: mouth injects from Vicky 3, skin texture (Cassy free from RNKaren) overlaid with freckles (MaskEdit), eyes by Akahastur, and Vicky 2 jewelry (TheDaedalus) and wearing Vicky 3 skins. She seems pretty flexible as far as use. I know I'm late to jump on this particular bandwagon, but I like Stephanie. She may even forgive me for my poor posing of her (yes, that is her own hand).

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 7:30 PM
Site Admin

She may even forgive me for my poor posing of her (yes, that is her own hand).<< Watch out, it looks like she's getting ready to backhand you...

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 7:32 PM

I know...it looks a little more sinister than I meant. I was trying to turn her around and I managed to crop her arm off, poor thing. No wonder she wants to hit me!

mondoxjake ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 8:40 PM

I guess this is OnTopic to fitting things, but OffTopic in ref to Stephanie: But I have discovered lately that there is more flexibility in fitting things to different models than I ever realized. I mean I have always just taken for granted when it says made for Vic 1 that is it, but with modifications, dial tweaking and some postwork I have fit Vic stuff to Posette, Posette stuff to Mil figures, etc. Doesn't always work in every case but worth the experimentation anyway. [All reference here is for Poser4]. I have never thought of trying various morphs on models they weren't created for, but thanks for the idea.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 9:27 PM

Yes, lots of things fit. The first thing I did to her was load all of V3 morphs to her with Morph Manager, before I had her morphs. I found the V3 morphs work best at a max of 0.500. More does a real number on her. I have been trying all my V3 textures on her. Gives her a real new look. I like how she fills the gap between V3 and the mill kids.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 10:09 PM

file_91430.jpg

with clothing by Steve of PoserWorld, of course.

Yes, I'm completely inept with Vue, but the V3 Corona texture fits her fine, which is the point.

I have resisted many of the Daz trends, but I really think Stephanie does indeed make sense as another character. Not that anyone is arguing with me. I'm just having a little fun.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 10:43 PM

I think she's great too, they did a nice job on this one. Marque

stephaniebt ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 8:30 AM

file_91431.jpg

I've had some luck getting V3 stuff to fit her with some tweaking. Here she is in V3 Active Wear Basics and Secrets of Victoria lingerie, also V3 pearls by Richabri and Jen.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 10:07 AM

Very pretty. I haven't tried anything but V3 skins on her but it looks like I'm going to have to raid Vicky's waredrobe and see what fits. :)

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 12:12 PM

"I know I'm late to jump on this particular bandwagon, but I like Stephanie." To my surprise I haven't seen that much of a bandwagon.(Maybe you meant Stephanie in general as opposed to the new version?) I really like Steph 3, and don't mind at all that she isn't swamped with morphs like V3. BTW, that nifty Sassy Hair 2 can fit the preteen Mil Girl with minimal repositioning, too. The ability to share items between figures is a real money-saver, or it would be, if I could stop buying things on impulse. :-) M3 seems to be the least cross-compatible of the Mil figures. I sure do wish there were more hair items for M3. Getting some of the close-fitting hair props intended for M2 to fit M3 is an iffy thing.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 12:21 PM

Actually, I meant the bandwagon that usually rolls out when Daz releases something new. I think poor Stephanie got pushed aside for Daz Studio, somewhat. I agree with you about needing more hair for M3. The poor guy has a slim selection. I love the Sassy Hair 2!! I like the sharing too....I really heisitated to do anything with Stephanie when I saw they were rolling out duplicates of Vicky 3 clothes for her. It was when I saw she could use Vicky 3 textures and some of the morphs that I began to perk up...seeing people do original clothes for her helped. I don't need two sets of identical clothes.

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 1:36 PM

Did you catch the following from the current Newsletter(12-31)? DAZ seems to be pushing MorphMaster 2.0 & Tailor 1.5 as the solution(s)for fitting V3 clothes to Septh3 Petite. Haven't tried nor would I know where to start. "MorphMaster 2.0 & Tailor 1.5 Want to try using your favorite Victoria 3.0 clothing on Stephanie 3.0? Using these two programs, that's exactly what you can do! And for a limited time, both of these programs are being marked down 20%. Order these two programs before January 12th, 2004 to enjoy this great value."

Strixowl ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 1:37 PM

That's the DAZ Newsletter I mentioned above :-)

mondoxjake ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 6:13 PM

MorphMaster and Tailor are good for the fit thing from what I have heard...I don't have them and don't need more software to learn right now, still mastering some Poser basics after all this time. The benefit of being able to crossfit items with tools available in the program from one character to another would be a real benefit to new Poser users and those of us on fixed-income. Having to spend a fortune on a new character/head morphs/body morphs/texture packs, and then having to buy clothes and hair to fit them is a bit pricey for a hobbiest. Merchants don't want to push potential customers over to the I.S.L. [Read this as Impoverished Soup Lines, or Illegal Software Links.]

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 9:29 PM

file_91432.jpg

Love the poserworld outfit on her too, she is a pretty cool character. Marque

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.