Fri, Sep 20, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:51 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: December challenge!

oblivionblack ( ) posted Mon, 01 December 2003 at 8:53 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:40 PM

hello all and thanks to all that voted me in the past challenge :) here is the december one: the "mission" of this month is to make the most terrible / horrid or evil image, just something related to horror genre ..so horror lovers, post your pic!! any software is accepted even collages or photography, the important is that the image is something horror-related. good luck to all!! p.s. sorry for my poor english

Pyrographer ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 6:29 PM

Hmm, there wasn't anything wrong with your english there at all as far as I can see... Anywho, good one, I love horror, obviously. :)

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 18 December 2003 at 11:00 PM

file_86930.jpg

This was incredibly difficult to do during the Christmas season, hard to get in a horror mood! However, here is my attempt. Alfred Hitchcock once said, "Never show them the monster!" This reminded me of the old b/w horror movies with shadows!

Fractals will always amaze me!

rickymaveety ( ) posted Fri, 19 December 2003 at 12:00 AM

file_86931.jpg

OK, here's my entry.

Could be worse, could be raining.

sophielerlei ( ) posted Sun, 21 December 2003 at 3:48 PM

file_86932.jpg

normally i don't like horror pictures... but this one happened to me today, and i post it here just for fun and to "show the monster" ;-). it is made in ultra fractal with only one layer, and then painted the eye in photoshop.

Nilla ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 12:31 PM

file_86933.jpg

Hehehe! Now lets hope this is small enough to upload, originally did this for a monthly challenge in an MSN community, but never entered it! Here goes, hope you all like it! :) I am not sure where I found all of these images, but they were given to us to use for the challenge! :)

dialyn ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 3:27 PM

Great entries, everyone! Very spooky indeed. :)

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Mon, 22 December 2003 at 7:56 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

file_86934.jpg

hmm... okay ... let's join the challenge to something very bloody, i call this one 'grease frightning' ... it doesn't to me nomore, for i am used to it by now ... maybe you are ...

Claywoman ( ) posted Fri, 26 December 2003 at 2:51 AM

file_86937.jpg

Im not the halloween or horror type, but I had received a tube..during a challenge on love lol and did this lol I call it StrangeLove..It was one of the first animations I had really tried to do well

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 9:26 AM

And interesting theme for the holidays... and once agian, a great selection of images to choose from. Time to place your votes for your favorite pieces. Please choose a: First choice Second choice Third choice from that We'll find out who the winner is. :) Good luck to all.

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

Claywoman ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 10:31 AM

Is there a seperate forum for voting?

RimRunner ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 4:11 PM

Nope, we just reply to this thread, so we keep it in one place. Sometimes if the thread is a little too over-active, we'll vote in another one... but it's been pretty clean this month. :)

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2003 at 9:47 PM

This was a difficult challenge. I'm glad we got a few entries during the busy holiday season! First place - Sophielerlei Second place - Undisclosed designer Third place - rickymaveety Good luck all!

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 6:49 AM

#1 - tresamie #2 - sophielerlei #3 - rickymaveety best wishes to all contestants :-)

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 10:06 AM

So hard to decide when the choices are so good. My thanks to all of you for making it so difficult. #1 sophielerlei #2 rickymaveety #3 tresamie I love the fact that we got animation this time....thank you Nilla and Claywoman!! And undisclosed-designer, that is one amazing graphic. The more I look at it, the more I see. It's so hard to vote when you feel like you are leaving vote worthy graphics out. Sigh. Congratulations everyone on a job well done!

sophielerlei ( ) posted Wed, 31 December 2003 at 6:51 AM

#1 tresamie #2 undisclosed designer #3 nilla

RimRunner ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 12:10 PM

Well, I guess the voting is pretty much over. :) Here are the results: Tresamie: 7 points Sophielerlei: 5 points rickymaveety: 3 points undisclosed': 2 points Nilla : 1 point So, Congratulations go out to Tresamie :) Very well done to everyone. Also I'm very happy to see we had an animation in the challenge. :) That's a first for us, hope it will continue. Tres, please start a new thread for the first challenge of 2004. :) Good luck everyone and thanks for another great list of entries.

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 12:12 PM

Congratulations, tresamie!! And my complete admiration for the work the rest of you did for this challenge. :)

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 12:36 AM

I think a recount will show that Sophielerlei is the real winner here! I loved all the images that came in this month, but I do think hers was tops (I voted for her!!) RimRunner is doing a double check, so please be patient.

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 4:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=565122

oh congrats Vivian ... thought yours was he scariest one of all ... and thank you dialyn for your opinion ... thing is i used that 'fright lightning' as a background for 'chip' ... hope there will be more contestants next time ... congrats everyone though :-))

RimRunner ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 10:23 AM

Yup, yup... Tres is right. I missed her votes. The recount does show that Tresamie came in 2nd.... SORRY !!! Here are the final re-counted votes: Sophielerlei: 8 points Tresamie : 7 points RickyMaveety: 4 points Undisclosed': 4 points Nilla : 1 point Off to correct the top page. :) Sophie, if you would post a new thread with January's challenge. :) And contratulations (and thanks for the catch Tres!)

undisclosed-designer ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 10:54 AM

oopsies... :-)) congrats then sophielerlei ... sorry vivian ... but ya all are winners smile

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 4:53 PM

Congratulations to all the participants. I am amazed that we had any at all, considering all the holiday/weather related things we are all dealing with. It was fun, and I just hope everyone had a good time with it!

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 4:16 PM

Attached Link: January Theme Thread

That's very pretty..but it would be better to post it to the January theme thread. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.