Sat, Sep 21, 2:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Poser & C4D woes

Triarius ( ) posted Fri, 02 January 2004 at 11:46 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 2:42 PM

I followed Steve Shanks tutorial on getting Poser body parts into C4D, and everything went well until I tried to open the 3ds file in C4D, which would not open the file. I'm using Poser 5 and C4DXL7, on a Mac. Anybody know what's wrong? Should I try this with Poser 4 (Major PITA to have to switch operating systems) ? Would upgrading to C4DXL8 help?

Frisketus ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 12:39 AM

Try the Cinema 4D forum here.

steveshanks ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 7:42 AM

Just checked it with P5 and C4dxlV7.....i'd never tryed it with P5 since the tutorial...and it worked, only thing i can think to check is do you have the latest patch in P5, just incase they updated the plugin for 3ds.....Steve

wdupre ( ) posted Sat, 03 January 2004 at 10:19 PM

find the wavefront morph loader plugin for C4d if you can. the website I got it on doesnt seem to exist anymore, but if you can find it, it will save you a lot of time and agrivation and works great with p5 and c4d xl 7.3, it allows direct import of poser objects without rearanging the virtex order.

nown05 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 10:58 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_91544.jpg

Dont know about Poser 5, but i'm sure that the wavefront .obj file works well with either Cinema v. 7 or 8 as I have used it extensively with both Cinema versions and P4. I just go to the runtime tex. folders and grab the texture from the Cinema materials dialogue box. Can use bump mps the same way - even make your own on the fly by putting the same texture in the bump channel and be sure to use Alias 1 mapping (not SAT or MIP)

wdupre ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 3:07 PM

I think what triarius was asking about was in refrence to bringing objects into Cinema 4d for the purpose of creating morphs, if Im wron on that assumption I appologise. unfortunately while obj format does import fine into C4d, the import process does change the vertex order slightly and if you do not use some kind of filter or as steves tutorial suggests using another format to import you will get scrambled morphs, not a pretty sight I assure you ;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.