Sat, Sep 21, 11:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 11:15 am)

Subject: Fixing a disorganized runtime folder and interface

nown05 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 11:10 AM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 9:33 PM

Im using P4 with latest updates. My 'Poses' directory is a disaster to scroll through as it is a jumble of stuff like thrown in the bottom of a cardboard box. This 'system' only works for the glovebox of my car..well, sorta.... Is there any way to organize this stuff for easy recognition and saving time? Anyone ever make a little plugin for this? Thanks, N

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 11:31 AM

Attached Link: http://www.senosoft.com/

If you don't have it already, go to SENO software and get the latest copy of P3doExplorer (it's free). It's sort of like Windows Explorer, but it'll let you see the thumbnails on Poser items so you can tell what you're messing with. Then open up it and maybe windows explorer if you're more comfortable moving folders in it, decide on an organization system that makes sense to you, and start moving stuff. You can move poses around as much as you want without breaking anything.

nown05 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 12:13 PM

VERY NICE!!! Thank you a lot.

caulbox ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 1:28 PM

The very best advice I can offer everyone (including myself) is that... once you've got things organised, spend 5 minutes at the end of every day making sure all the new stuff you've been playing with that day isn't beginning to cause chaos again. I know... easier said than done!

Gareee ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 5:43 PM

Another good tip.. when you download new items, organize the zips as well! Props, characters, animals, ect. Nothing worse then a few gig for mysteriously named zip files!

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 6:05 PM

I started an Excel spreadsheet during the holidays that lets me know what is what, where it came from, who the creator is, and where it's stored at. I probably should have added a column for URL's and where the readme's are, but I didn't think of that until just now. Somewhere here in the forums is another thread on the same subject and somewhere in that thread is a download link for a spreadsheet that does the same thing. Also, I would buy PBoost if your computer will handle it. I'm going to get it end of the month and take the week-long learning curve to get to know it and get all my files properly put away so I can find them again. Poser 5 apparently doesn't have the file limitations that P4 does, but I"m not ready to lay down that much cash...although...I might and just take the heat for it.

nown05 ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 8:41 PM

PBoost? What is that?, Thanks, N

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 9:20 PM

Check out this link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=9540 It's a proggie to help you redo your menu's in Poser in a more reasonable fashion. It also cuts out the file number limits. Be sure to read the readme and go to the website and read the tutorial before you buy, though. I understand there are issues that it has with FAT file systems. If you get it any time soon, let me know how it works for you, please.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.