Sat, Sep 21, 12:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: A Freezing Day In Poser Land

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 6:33 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 9:35 AM

I'm sitting here in Portland, Oregon, with a major winter storm raging outside. Snow early this morning, but it's turned to freezing rain and sleet now. High east winds coming in off the Cascade mountain range, so it's pretty nasty out there. What a great time to sit down with a nice big cup of hot chocolate and create a few Poser scenes. Anyone else here in Portland doing the same thing? Melanie

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 6:48 PM

LOL...not in Portland, but here in Upstate NY, we had sleet, freezing rain, snow.....and alot of wind....and just got a power surge....ta ta for now....go get my coffee. Sharen Cold too....brrrr

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 6:48 PM

Not me. I'm in Sunny Sheffield, UK and it's ridiculously warm here for this time of year. A whole 11 degrees. Woweee! We did have a token showing of snow on New Year's Eve, though. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Porthos ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 7:02 PM

8 degrees here with partial sunshine here in Galway, Ireland! :)

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

TygerCub ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 7:22 PM

Oh man I'm getting ready to sympathize with ya'll! Here in Virginia, we the last couple of days had temps in the upper 60's to lower 70's. But Wednesday we will have a hard time reaching 30 degrees! Welcome to Virginia... don't like the weather? Just wait a day & it's guaranteed to change.

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 7:31 PM

Sitting here in Miami,wearing a pair of shorts. While it's 79 degrees out now...I will have to put on a shirt soon...going to get down to 68 degrees...Berrrr!! SWAMP

hmatienzo ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 7:32 PM

2 degree Celsius here in Germany... but ANY excuse for coffee and Poser, LOL!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

numanoid ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 7:32 PM

LOL, I am 38 years old, and I have never even seen snow. How did that Band Aid song go? ... "And there won't be snow in Africa this Christmas". Or any other time of the year.

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 7:33 PM

Oh...BTW..No hot cocoa..frozen PinaColadas!

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 7:39 PM

It started out at 16 degrees this morning, soared up to a whopping 21, then started heading back down again. Weather reports say it's supposed to get warmer during the night, and up to 47 tomorrow, but at this point, I really doubt it. I can hear the sleet coming down outside my window and it sounds nasty. Another cup of cocoa, please! Melanie

daverj ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:00 PM

Upstate NY here too. Cold. Sharen, what part of upstate are you in? I'm between Binghamton and Ithaca. (the "southern tier")

geep ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:21 PM

... the Weather Forum. ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

geep ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:22 PM

Is this gonna be available 24/7? NaySayGuy wanted to know. ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Flak ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:28 PM

Hmm.. its about 38C here at midday (southern hemisphere mid summer)... which is about 100F... and tomorrow its going to get warmer... yay.......

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:39 PM

45F in sunny California. I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm not used to it this cold. Jay

majesticartist ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:41 PM

hey..Im with you swamp....pass me a colada!! Im not in florida but were going to be mid 70's here by mid week.....woohooo! Im in Phoenix,Az

nown05 ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:56 PM

file_92127.jpg

Olympia, Washington - I feel your pain!!! It is about 25 degrees here - I live on the water and it is frozen - salt water in Puget Sound no less! So I've been making a little scene and posting it at Renderotica (Rendersotiy might be offended....) Best wishes, N

Viomar ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 9:29 PM

That ain't snow, it's what we call "Slush". :-) Me like it when it gets to -40c. Add a Full Moon, an Outside Ice Rink, a pair of skates, a stick, a puck & pepper in my socks. That's what i call "A Perfect Winter Night". Actually, what makes this scene "Perfect" is afterwards when the girlfriend cuddles up to you in front of the fire while sipping hot coco. :-O It's presently -15c, the Moon is Full & White as snow in Montreal... Marco

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 9:50 PM

No snow here, this winter. Not yet, anyway.

Had to make my own in P5.

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=574672

I can definitely picture the Freefall cast members gathering by a fireplace for hot cocoa (or carob for Florence) after delivering those gifts.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 9:54 PM

file_92128.jpg

There ya go, geep. This is an old quickie Poser render. Now we're on topic. :-) It's very cold here in San Francisco, but we Californians are spoiled brats when it comes to the weather. "Very cold" to me is probably "not bad at all" for some of you.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 10:11 PM

Hey! We've gone down to freezing here in Emeryville! I've had to put sheets over my ferns the last 3 nights so the tips don't blacken. Frost on the cars. :brrrr: I like marshmallows in my cocoa. :) Carolly

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 10:15 PM

Mmmmmmm...marshmallows in cocoa! I haven't done that since I was a kid, but it sounds great. I make my cocoa with Droste chocolate (or sometimes Ibarra) and Strauss Farms milk. Thanks for the idea, Carolly! Sending you psychic heat waves from across the pond.

Barbarellany ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 10:40 PM

Downstate NY reporting in. Temperature is dropping steadily, heading for the teens with that horrid wind that has been plaguing us this winter. When it's warm, it's really quite warm... But when it's cold it's bitter!

Grey_cat ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 10:49 PM

Went I left for work this morning, it was 2 degrees F with a 15 mile per hour wind and a -25 F wind chill. Now that's real cold, and that Wisconsin.

sandoppe ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 11:24 PM

Minnesota reporting in late. Temps on Monday were -30 below Fahrenheit in the northern part of the state. I live in Southern Minnesota....only -10 here :) Windchills: about -40 F :) Sort of like being on Mars! It is suppose to warm up to near 20 F by tomorrow! T-shirt weather!!

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 12:50 AM

Ohio here wind around 25 to 30 MPH and cold blowing snow not much but almost had a white out coming home from work tonight due to blowing snow.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 2:43 AM

Denmark here. Yesterday an attempt of a blizzard rushed by, with some of this freezing rain to top it off. Then it all turned into rain and today it's about 6 degrees C, so the snow is rapidly melting away.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Farside ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 3:52 AM

got to -16C where I live today in Ontario, called in sick to avoid getting sick :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 4:00 AM

daverj, we are about 20 miles west of Rochester, NY. We are close to each other. Sharen

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 4:50 AM

Sharen and Daverj, Hey! Don't Syyd and a couple other Forumites inhabit that part of New York? You might have enough for your own Poser Party. Xoconostle, You have better chocolate than do I. I'll bring the marshmallows! ;^) I am right next to a world class chocolate factory, too. sigh.

Elsina ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 5:00 AM

Rainy day in Israel, 16 degrees Celcius, but we had a sunny day this week..usually around 20-24 degrees celcius this time of year. It never snows where I live and it never rains between may and october.

My gallery @ Renderosity

asbesti ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 5:28 AM

Finally lovely day in Finland. Only about -10 celsius and little fluffy snowflakes falling down softly. It was horrifying -23C and cold wind at new year's eve... brrr....

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 6:15 AM
Site Admin

In the 30's in Pennsylvania.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

LovePyrs ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 6:52 AM

Creations, where in Israel? Southwestern Kansas here. The past two days have been fairly cold with the highs only in the low 20's. However, we've had a majorly mild winter here. The day after Christmas it was almost 70 degrees and on New Year's Day, we were in the lower 60's. Where is winter?! wants snow

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 7:00 AM

Hey Dr Geep (or anybody).. Can't you make some sort of thermometer thingy also? So that all ud non-Fahrenheiters can get an idea of whether the weather is cold or not? I have an idea that the "low 20's" is cold, but... where's the freezing point for instance?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 7:06 AM

0 degrees C = 32 degrees F.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LovePyrs ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 7:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.bluesparks.com

Ernyoka, here (www.bluesparks.com) is one of the best temp converters and it's free! If you don't want to download the program, go to www.onlineconversion.com. You can convert almost anything there. =D BTW, the freezing point in Fahrenheit is 32 degrees. =)

Elsina ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 7:40 AM

LovePyrs, I live close to the coastal town of Haifa. In the south we have deserts and up to 28 Celsius in winter, in the North we have snowpeaked mountains.

My gallery @ Renderosity

Helen ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 7:43 AM

I WANT some of that there snow and NOW We have heatwaves here. We have had several days of 40+ Celcious (40.00 degC = 104.00 degF) and today being one of them was NOT a good time for that 8 hour power failure we had. No AC Just call me 'Puddles' ;) Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.  I want it back.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 7:59 AM

Wow, where are you that it is so warm? Sharen

Dave ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 8:10 AM

I think we started out at 15 today. Wind blowing pretty good makes it feel at least 10 if not worse. And this coming off of having 70 degree weather on Sunday. Talk bout a shock to the body... David

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 8:57 AM

Yep, certainly is cold out there. All my pipes are frozen (the ones on the mobile home, that is...) and I just spent several hundred dollars in parts and labor to make sure this didn't happen. Ah,well...rural living...Whatcha gonna do? Me for coffee laced with amarato!

RawArt ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 8:57 AM

New Years I was standing on my balcony without a jacket enjoying the sun.......which is not what you would expect this time of the year in Toronto. But since then we had a light dusting of snow, and it is now -12C ....which is getting closer to normal :) Rawn

PennyB ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 9:04 AM

Last night we had a heat wave (it was 20 degrees.) Saturday we had 8" of lovely snow! Sunday during the day our high was -3. That night we dropped to -7. Monday we dropped to -=11 at night and had a high of 5. Today its about 20 degrees so far

cedarwolf ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 9:46 AM

Y'know...I really love the internet. Where else would this many people be able to get together and complain about the weather in their corners of the world? This, and the educational possibilities, are exactly what I tell my students the internet is all about. The commercial end keeps it affordable, but this "global coffee shop" is the real thing.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 9:49 AM

sheesh..high of 38 F today, we haven't had a white Christmas since 1902..btw, if you're in Portland, there was a guy named Dodger, _Dodger, __Dodger, or _____________Dodger, who made good raygun props..maybe you can coax him back here, I'm running out of ammo..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 10:36 AM

*"45F in sunny California. I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm not used to it this cold.

Jay"*

I'm in California and looking at several feet of snow on my back deck and a half frozen river. :)
Came home late the other night and the snow plows had created a nice little berm across my driveway. At 17 degrees it was all ice. Luckily we know all the drivers so one came by and knocked it down for us. Luckily the power hasn't gone out on us much. Only a day so far. Last winter we went 7 days w/out power due to the snow.

...... Kendra

Richard T ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 11:35 AM

Well yesterday was 39c (approx 100f). Today a cool change is comming through, it's supposed to be 30c or 87f. Richard Taylor in sunny Sydney (Australia)

sandoppe ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 11:55 AM

I think I need that coverter too ernyoka1....but for the reverse reason. I never know what celsius translates to in Fahrenheit....so thanks to those who know both! :) Sounds like it's as hot in Austrailia as it is cold in Minnesota!

Strixowl ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 3:08 PM

Sacramento,CA Damn cold since New Years Eve and rain, rain,rain, rain,rain,.........................

jaybutton ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 3:51 PM

Kendra- I'm in Santa Cruz next to the beach, so it doesn't snow here, but it has dropped into the thirties (fahrenheit) some mornings. That's really cold for us! :) Jay

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.