Fri, Oct 4, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 4:27 pm)

Subject: No more Philosophy :) - Problem with Koz and Danae Hair

panko ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 7:47 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:41 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_92132.jpg

Warning: This is a "clean" topic in spite of the nudity flag; it can be viewed by everyone... LOL I encountered some problem with hair. The first is with Danae's Catwalk Hair which renders the tail as shown in the pic (failing to read the trans???). The second is with Kozaburo's MK3 and it is slightly more baffling. In close-up it just renders fine, but in "long shots" it comes up with a lot of noise! Both renders were done in Poser 5, using firefly quality rendering with the "smooth polygons" and "displacement" options turned off. I'm sure there must be some detail that I've overlooked but my mind just stopped...:o) Any ideas or remedies?

"That's another fine mess you got me in to!" -- Oliver Hardy

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:11 PM

All I can think of is, do you have SR3 installed? I believe there were some issues involving black polys prior to SR3. As for the noise, I have no idea, other than you may be hitting the ultimate resolution of the texture map. Some textures look bloody awful at certain distances, due to their resolution, palette and the inherent properties of the renderer. Try faffing about with the distance and see if it makes any (better) difference further away.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

queri ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:39 PM

Try displacement with the texture?(not sure here if texture or trans)plugged in at 0.00100. If you haven't already that is. It may be a question of getting double sided polys far enough apart to register. Koz mentions this on his site. Emily by the way, smooth polys has usually helped hair that needed it like bombshell and other somewhat rough textured hairs. Shouldn't be needed for Koz.

panko ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:42 PM

Sam, I do run on SR3 (waiting --and hoping for a SR4 to appear soon, as they promised LOL). I tried to increase the distance but then the fine detail is lost. I also tried with textures made by others than Kozaburo for MK3 but the results are more or less the same --and I always try to avoid postwork!...:) I thought of remapping Catwalk on the UV Mapper and see what happens, but I gave it a try here just in case there was an easier (and lazier) way out... ;)

panko ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:49 PM

Queri, according to Kozaburo MK3 doesn't need the displacement fixture. And I try to avoid using the smooth polys as I include 3Ds objects in the scene and we all know how crazy these can go when rendered...:)

queri ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 8:53 PM

You can turn off smoothing on any prop or character in properties bar-- which is what I do, then it's useable on the hair which sometimes needs it desperately. Koz could be wrong about MK3. Emily

panko ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 9:09 PM

Hmm, I just tried it, Emily. First with the displacement fixture and the smooth polys on and then without the displacement but with the smoothing still on. No way! The noise is still there!... Maybe a stray Christmas goblin?...:)

kozaburo ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 9:24 PM

file_92133.jpg

Have you tried 'Use Texture Filtering' option in the Render Options?

iamonk ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 9:34 PM

Attached Link: http://www.keindesign.de/stefan/poser/firefaq.html#8

Here's something else to try.

panko ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 9:51 PM

Yes! That's it!!!!... "Texture Filtering" did the thing!!! Thank you, Kozaburo! And I grab this occasion to thank you once again for your generosity to share your fantastic creations with the Poser community...

panko ( ) posted Tue, 06 January 2004 at 10:46 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_92134.jpg

And Catwalk worked also, thanks iamonk! It was the alternative diffuse trick, as described by Stefan, that did it! Thank you all, guys! I can use some sleep now!... :)

queri ( ) posted Wed, 07 January 2004 at 7:12 PM

And thank you all of you, now we all have alternate fixes. Emily

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.