Sat, Sep 21, 6:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Fashion Studio

seeker ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2000 at 10:35 AM ยท edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 5:37 AM

file_132601.jpg

Hi Has anybody used Fashion Studio by Dynamic Graphics Systems? It's a software for 3d Dynamic clothing. Unfortunately the home page for the product is rather poor so I was wondering if anyone knows more about it. You can check it out at: http://www.dynagraphicsinc.com/products/FashStud.htm

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2000 at 11:47 AM

I got the program a while back. I found it to have a totally incomprehensible interface, laughable documentation, and to be incredibly slow. Support for it was a joke. I've never used it since. It seems to be designed for professional fashion designers, although I can't imagine a fashion designer who could figure how to use it.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2000 at 12:20 PM

If you want to sell it I might be interested. Marque acbts@cwo.com

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2000 at 1:19 PM

The version I got was not the full Fashion Studio, but rather the entry version called, "Dress Maker" It's the same program without some of the fancier rendering features. Quite frankly, the program is SO bad, I wouldn't feel good about selling it to anyone. It is NOT the program to use for character animation or even creating clothes for Poser.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 29 August 2000 at 1:48 PM

I would still be interested, and it would at least help you cut some of your loss. =) Marque

gideon ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 10:42 AM

There is a plugin called SimCloth for 3dmax. Can't think of the link off the top of my head. And it works really well too. It may only be for MAX R3 though....

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 30 August 2000 at 10:50 AM

smallspace, Can you email me at acbts@cwo.com ? Marque

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.