Sat, Sep 21, 7:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Poser 4/5 to Vue D'esprit 4 ?????

kevin34 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:01 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 7:32 AM

Hi All I'm thinking of buying Vue 4 and was wondering if anyone knows if you can import poser 4/5 figures into it? does it tranfer everything i mean textures and bump maps? And is it easier than bryce to import ??? many thanks Kev

meselfr ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:08 PM

I picked up Vue 4.2 d'espirit in December and the Poser5 import works. Caveats. 1) Importing a scene (pz3) with multiple figures (ie two v3's) with the same material names seems only imports one.. 2) If you use multiple runtimes you have to copy all the geometry directories to the main "default" installed runtime. 3) Cannot muck with the materials after they are imported.. 4) I have had greater success (especially on hair) using P4/PP settings as opposed to p5 specific settings. 5) Otherwise very happy with the import process.... Have a good one mes

meselfr ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:09 PM

I guess that didn't answer your question. Yes it transfers textures/transmaps/bumps Yes it is easier than bryce :)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:14 PM

I use PPP all the time with Vue4 & have had no problems. I do not have VuePro or P5. I'm very happy with everything so far. But the above is correct no messing around with the materials after import.

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:17 PM

Yes it does transfer all. quick correction to meselfr post on one particular post (sorry meselfr) "3) Cannot muck with the materials after they are imported.." yes you can. in the world material editor, you can edit all materials.... strength, depth, change the material to something else etc I agree wholeheartedly, it is for me easier than bryce ~sacred

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:21 PM

crossposted sorry

meselfr ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:32 PM

2 Sacred Rose: Not a problem.. Like I stated I've only had the program since December.. Still learning... I was hoping that someone might correct me.. Do you have a work around for the multiple figures with same material names? Thanks.

Ajax ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 8:39 PM

Just press F6 to pull up the materials for editing. Poser import in Vue works very smoothly. I've notice that bump map settings need to be tweeked though (they all seem to come in set to -0.008 strength no matter what you had them set to in Poser) and so do ambient settings. P5 procedural materials and P5 dynamic hair cannot be imported into Vue. Overall I've found that for me, Vue is a lot easier to use than Bryce and also much faster to load a Poser scene into, though for some reason I find lighting indoor scenes a lot easier in Bryce.

View Ajax's Gallery - View Ajax's Freestuff - View Ajax's Store - Send Ajax a message

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 9:02 PM

Transparency works the minute you bring in the PZ3. You don't have to adjust them as you do in Bryce. I love the way it works. Melanie

LeFrog ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 10:51 PM

And also don't forget that you can achieve a higher degree of realism in Vue then instead of Bryce. Well i think so anyways.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 12:02 AM

meselfr -- The only solution that I have found to what I call the "texture cloning" problem in Vue: Save all of your P5 characters in a scene as separate files. Then, import them into your Vue scene one at a time. This will keep your textures from cloning themselves. It's somewhat of a pain to have to save all of your figures separately. But it works.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Carmelo ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 2:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=575569&Start=1&Artist=Carmelo&ByArtist=Yes

The combination of both programs is easy and give you many oportunities. I use Poser 5 and Vue 4.2. You can import the .pz2 file at Vue. Only the reflexion maps must be retouched (Vue shows them as a chrome materials)

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 2:49 AM

file_92456.jpg

I just got Vue for Christmas. This is my third Vue picture ever, using Mike 3 and the Pirate gear. The ship came with Vue, as did the palm trees etc. It took about 45 minutes with just a little postwork on Mike (poser poke through!). I am quite pleased with the results in Vue - a lot of experimentation still needed of course, but I do think it will allow me to do things I could never do in Poser.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 5:57 AM

SacredRose, hey hi....(Sharen jumping behind the crowd waving) hi hi hi.....hope you are doing well....sorry, just had to say hi to her.... Yes Poser4/5 works great in both, Vue 4 and Pro...I have had no problems.

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 8:38 AM

hugs and waves to Sharen belated Happy new year to you and mike :) meselfr :) you can always rename the figure's material setting eg. figure one :Vic outer eye ; figure 2 : lambchops outer eye Congrats on your new program ;) ~sacred

we all have to start at the same place regardless of affluence, position, creed or color : da Pitt [english translation : the bottom} :) Should u need a hand in any way, sing out. A plethora of vue-poser bryce-vuers etc is within typing distance and always willing to help :)

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 8:44 AM

my apologies elgyfu for my rudeness. Great pic.. 3rd one you say? In all sincerity I would never have guessed based on your render. No cotton fluffing (bullsheet) Great grasp of the program! I see good fortune and much success in your vueture :D late as always, Hippo Gnu Beers to one and all ;)

elgyfu ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 9:40 AM

Thank you Sacred Rose - I had watched Pirates of the Caribean that morning, I guess I was inspired! :) I mean, a film with both Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp - nuff said!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.