Thu, Sep 19, 8:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Halo 2 and Poser 5

biggert ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:44 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 9:26 AM

hmm...i got the feeling that i can make renders that look just like these in Poser 5.... now if i only had the Master Chief OBJ and some 4000x4000 texture maps.....id be solved! look at the lights in some of the pics....see the white and orange lights? kinda reminds you of the default Poser lights ehh?

biggert ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:48 PM

biggert ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:50 PM

biggert ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:52 PM

biggert ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 8:09 PM

biggert ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 8:11 PM

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 8:53 PM

Bungie.com Terms of Use (Last Updated: November 2001) PERSONAL AND NON-COMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION Unless otherwise specified, the Bungie Web Sites are for your personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer, or sell any information, software, products or services obtained from the Bungie Web Sites. errrr I think ya just violated your terms of use posting thos pics buddy.

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 9:17 PM

I think you need GI and NPR settings to do renders like that, so Poser wouldn't work. We appreciate getting a chance to check out that fantastic artwork, but play it safe - never post images from a commercial site without permission. It's Renderosity that can get burned if one of us screws up and violates copyright.

biggert ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 10:50 PM

hmm....maybe not Poser 5 alone....but with Adobe Photoshop 7 at hand any Poser 5 render is pretty much limitless....when those two combine.......::::shivers:::::

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 1:08 AM

"I think you need GI and NPR settings to do renders like that" I'm not sure about that. The backgrounds look like matte paintings to me, and there's nothing about the figure that looks like it required GI. The overall drawing style of the figure has a little of that hand-drawn effect, but that could be part of the textures or done as a post-effect.

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 1:39 AM

do-able, but not likely. The figure was probubly rendered in the program the figure was created in, like 3ds max or lightwave. I won't give any ideas, but you wouldn't be the first on to take a game figure object, and turn it into a poser figure. Just be sure not to mention it here if you do, though. The last one ended up on the wrong end of a witch burning... ~DM Begin the obligatory Holy Grail quotes! ^__^

soulhuntre ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 6:52 AM

Yes, if you had the figure and set up the ligts Firefly could do those renders. Firefly is actually a rpetty seriously cool renderer though it lacks a bunch of advanced lighting. However, those figures will keep looking that good at greater than 30 frames per second :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 8:01 AM

Do you specifically want the Master Chief to create Halo fanart, or would you settle for something similar in design? Sanctum Art's exosuits at DAZ have that level of detail, as does jbezorg's battlesuit mesh here in the Marketplace.

biggert ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 10:34 AM

thanks for the tip Little_Dragon. i'm thinking if i simulate GI by using spotlights i probably would decrease the skin resolutions...cause its something i've observed if you have more than one light source pointed at the object, especially if the light is infinite light....infinite lights tend to make the skin look like you added white paint over the texture and changed the opacity level to say 1-2% the technique of doing several renders using different light angles and layering them in APS would probably work to simulate GI....but havent tried that one yet...... the hand painted effect i know theres a brush filter in Photoshop that can easily simulate that effect...

biggert ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 10:43 AM

Attached Link: http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/482/482228/img_1898583.html?fromint=1

thanks to that guy who ratted me out.... heres the pics um talkin about....

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 4:27 PM

I think Stewer's right. They composited the figures over a painted bg, hence the non-photo-realistic appearance of the background. So you could get close to that if you were able to paint backgrounds like that, and rendered your figure in Poser with several lights.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 4:51 PM

"thanks to that guy who ratted me out...." HAHAHA. Lets see you violated copyright, and a websites terms of use, then posted here where the TOS clearly states that's a violation. hmmmmm. sorry your upset by a comment that I made, when your wrong, your wrong simple. as for poser 5 doing images like that sure, right lights, right models, given the right time to do it it is possible. render time sould be horribly long but possible. would be much easyer in a high end 3d application where rendering lights like that are a regular thing. but it would require more than just poser5 to accomplish it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.