Fri, Sep 20, 9:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: 23 minutes challenge...

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 4:48 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:38 AM

file_92420.jpg

Hi all, i want to propose a new challenge... I've made this warrior (?) using only primitives spheres (without boolean operations). I'm very curious to see some new creation with this simple techinque. The eyes textures are form "lots of shaders" by litst. -TOXE

mmoir ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 7:56 PM

Very cool little warrior. Mike

Kixum ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 11:54 PM

file_92421.jpg

While not nearly as detailed, this is what I came up with in a hurry. I call them the floating snerdians. -Kix

-Kix

Kixum ( ) posted Thu, 08 January 2004 at 11:55 PM

BTW, TOXE didn't say we couldn't use deformers! -Kix

-Kix

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 3:54 AM

ehehe, curious creature Kix! Why don't you add a pair of sunglasses:-)? About deformers, you're right:, then we can use it! To Mike, i'm glad that you like my warrior:-)) I'm curious to see your creature! -TOXE

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 8:27 AM

How about them metaballs? Well, I can guess the answer. Maybe for a next challenge.

groucho3D ( ) posted Fri, 09 January 2004 at 10:54 AM

file_92422.jpg

Woof, woof, woof (half an hour and all from spheres)

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 9:08 AM

eheh, strange and nice dog! -TOXE

Kixum ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 2:23 PM

file_92423.jpg

Added a few more spheres, redid some textures. -Kix

-Kix

TOXE ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 3:19 AM

It looks much better Kix, have you use deformers on the body? -TOXE

Kixum ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 10:07 AM

file_92424.jpg

Yes, It's two spheres. Each has the punch deformer applied to its maximum to essentially make a hemisphere. I then rolled the hemispheres to an angle to make opening. This is the exact same technique I used to make the eye sockets. The mottled/bumpy look of the skin is done through a procedural texture on the body only. I thought this dude really needed a tongue and some "paws" so I gave him some. Now I think it's TOO busy but what the heck. It was a fun challenge and now I have a cool wallpaper to creep out my co-workers. -Kix

-Kix

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.