Sat, Sep 21, 6:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: can this be made or does anyone know where to find.....

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:20 PM · edited Tue, 06 August 2024 at 5:23 PM

file_92733.jpg

these tribal head dresses. I have tried to model one myself and needless to say it is not a pretty site. I need it to be posable so that it can move with the heads motions. also there are belts and such adornments like this style as well....any ideas? the morphing collar and alljust do not give me the ...heft I need. I need this in a true three d model format. one that has depth and movement if that makes sence..... HELPPPPP

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

geep ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:26 PM

I made one o' those once ... It had, um, I think it was ... about 347,796,843,793,760 polygons. (approximately) It took 6 and 7/8 days to load it into Poser. I saved it on 892 CDs. Let me see if I kin find 'em ...

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Richabri ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:39 PM

This could be made as a conforming figure but the pieces would have to be static. To have all the dangly things actually dangle upon movement would require you to wait until geep gets his CD's together :)

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:43 PM

aaaaack ok then would it be possible to ...hmm...make the dangly thingies a seperate prop? not all seperate but say like...mmmm....a strip that fit onto the main prop? that way I could move that whole stip??

Commission open.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:45 PM

or or or OH OHH ok like to layers of stips that have the danglies you know one that is the formost one that is the under? not seperate danglies but...ohhhh ack I dont know {know you know why I dont model to scatterbrained for my own good} I tried to make something kind of like this with the gypsy genei jewelry and then saving it as a obj..but it just didnt work.....

Commission open.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:55 PM

PhilC had dangly bits on his Arabian dancer (if you also own it, take a peek and see how he did it). If I had to come up with that headpiece using what I have on hand, I'd take the veil from the Costume Shop CD and do 3 layers of it each with their own transmap and a touch of the wave deformer to make some morphs for movement (and so that it would look like layers not paint). Shifting the reflection map for each layer might help a bit, too. Carolly

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 10 January 2004 at 10:59 PM

Maybe most of them could be static, and only a select few of them could move. That might give the illusion that all of them were dangling.

-Waldo- ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 3:07 AM

I would make this in Carrara with Poser Plug in because it has collison detection

daverj ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2004 at 11:25 AM

How about using P5 and clothifying the dangly parts?

Velen ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 2:16 AM

this type of thing could be done in poser 5 as cloth. and the poly count kept down useing transparencies bump or depth maps and a few good pic of beeds or crystals and you would have your headdress and belts. not an easy thing to do but posable. Laters Vel

DarkElegance ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 10:11 AM

I do not use poser 5 at all. and the talk of polygones...guh. modeling is not something I Have gotten a grasp of yet. unfortunatly. out of curiosity Richarbi...how much would it cost to make something like this?

Commission open.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.