Fri, Sep 20, 12:53 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Virtual Demonstration - Corel has Let us Down Bryce Users!!

solojaw ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 9:57 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 12:42 PM

Hi guys, I am a long time user of Bryce, and I have a pet peeve with Corel!! When was the last time you got an update for Bryce??? 2002??? early 2003????? look at all the other 3D programs that were around when Bryce was in it's 5 version - they have all gone on to mature to fully fledged 3D applications - look at Poser, Carrara, the companies that bought those applications listeded to the users and provided upgrades. meanwhile bryce is gathering dust on the shelves of Corel!! Shouldn't we do something so our voices can be heard????

draculaz ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 10:24 AM

erm... easy on the caffeine there, chief... there's been a petition to bryce's new owners, and bryce 6 is being developed right now outside corel. e~

_Fredzz_ ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 10:28 AM

hm... lol. but that was a good point.. but knowin what draculaz said.. thats ok now...

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 11:23 AM

Well, if you have a Mac, they're working on Bryce 6..but I can't justify spending $2,000 or more for a $89 program..no matter how much I like it..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

derjimi ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 11:49 AM

solojaw, read the top of this forum, it says: ""Save Bryce" Petition To Vector Capital - Go Here and sign it!!!!!" No further comment. J.

solojaw ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 12:36 PM

thanks guys, I didn't see the link at the top till after posting my message. I have signed the petition. So who is developing Bryce 6?

Erlik ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 1:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bryceformac.com/

In spite of the domain name, it's not only for mac. And check this forum for messages by pendulum.

-- erlik

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 2:39 PM

Pendulum said that they will start out by developing for Mac but he's well aware that there's a massive PC base of users and that will be the next step. "Anyway good things come to those who wait"...........or so they say, and we have all waited this long for Bryce 6 so a little while longer shouldn't make much difference. 8) Catlin

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 7:09 PM

< Well, if you have a Mac, they're working on Bryce 6..but I can't justify spending $2,000 or more for a $89 program..no matter how much I like it < Now you know how Mac users feel when someone develops a cool Graphic app for PC and Mac users have to wait for a port if any.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 7:13 PM

actually, I have a mac, but it's an LC II..don't think it would run there either..;)

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Mon, 12 January 2004 at 8:27 PM

Considering how easy it is to port software from Mac to PC, and vice-versa, my guess would be that they will be released at the same time. This would be a deal with the producers, as they know that it's PC users who will fill their accounts. Also, as far as I know, other than hot-key commands the Mac and PC versions of Bryce have all been identical, which makes for fluid transitions between work and home. Even the Bryce project (.br?) files themselves are portable between platforms.

attileus ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 9:45 AM

OMG! I've checked out the attached link above (http://www.bryceformac.com/) and saw the LIGHT! :-D It looks beautiful; maybe I don't have to switch to Terragen after all (No, I love its photoreal render engine that often kills Bryce's :-) Hope this large update is not only for Mac...

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 10:51 AM

what tickles me is that Terragen apparently costs almost as much as Bryce..decisions, decisions..;)

solojaw ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 11:19 AM

does Terragen support import of Poser Characters? and will Bryce 6 for that matter still support import of characters with animation, textures etc from poser?

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 11:24 AM

Terragen images DO look great, but I've never seen a single image done with that program that I could not do with Bryce 4, much less 5. There are no trees in Terragen, no foliage options that I know of. The skies are wonderful, but alas, so are Brycean skies with a bit of tweaking. Also, Bryce's volumetrics blow away anything from the other "small apps". The REAL price to pay is render time! Perhaps when Teragen grows up a bit I'll consider using it, but I wouldn't go back to Bryce 3D, and until it catches up with Bryce or Vue, and offers some competition, then it's not quite ripe for me...

attileus ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 11:28 AM

Oops, I was too fast :-) The new Bryce 6 interface at the site above is only a teaser; nevertheless it looks great! :-)

attileus ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 11:39 AM

Well, I mentioned Terragen because it's alive and they're planning a lot of upgrades until 2005 (treelab, vegetation, new interface, mesh import and much, much more) so it will be a serious challenger to Vue and Bryce; I like its crispy renderings but hate the interface so I keep to Bryce as long as possible. ;-)

SevenOfEleven ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 1:24 PM

Can you do more than just Landscapes with Terragen and Vue? How are the import options? If I can't import my models then I don't really care. What I worry about is the price, all that new stuff is gonna cost a pretty penny. I don't mind telling you that. If they decide to put all sorts of cool functionality, you will have to pay for it. Hope they pay attention to QA also, don't want to be in the middle of a model and have your 3d app crash on you (Hear that Caligari!).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.