Sat, Sep 21, 11:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 11:15 am)

Subject: 2nd Attempt Trans Hair - Forging On

Luna ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 8:47 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 9:10 AM

file_132766.jpg

Ya Know There Is a Lot Of Good "Plastic" Hair Models....Not Sure Why No One Has Thought To Transmap Them Before..But Darnit...I'm Determined To. Much Thanks To Kazaburo, RKane, StormRage, And Jim So far. This Is The Second Attempt...Better Than The Second. I'm Optimistic Again.

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 9:25 AM

Missed the early attempt(s) I guess. But this is very good. And what a great idea. Best of luck.

Luna ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 2:54 PM

Thanks Shadow Please Send The Number To a Good Shrink And Lots Of Meds....I Think I'm Going To Need Them

michalki ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 3:04 PM

Looks good! I agree 100%: Poser needs a lot more carefully Transmapped hair. I haven't done hair of my own yet, I am working on texture maps, clothing & other things, but I really appreciate the efforts of others to do good hair. And, one look at the galleries either here or on Renderotica is all you need to see that many Poser users consider hair in Poser to be the "Plastic" hair you talk about, because they submit as "finished" images Poser models with clunky, ugly hair, not transmapped hair similar to what you've been doing. I'm not sure if this is because they don't have good transmapped hair or whether they simply don't know how to render it. But every "finished" image that is submitted that way is really a strike against the fine attributes of Poser, because I'm sure many browsers of both sites have never used Poser & come here for a look at what Poser is capable of & you can bet your life that when they browse the galleries & see hair that is not transmapped they must wonder why anyone would want to use the software. In order for Poser to survive as a product, new users have to come aboard so it's our responsibility, as users of the product, to present our work in the best possible light, especially when we submit work to the galleries. Thanks again & keep up the hard work!

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 6:28 PM

heya; keep up the good work, luna, it'll get there. this is my faovrite hair. :) some tips for painting the trans map: remember to keep the strands thick and just about opaque at the top, where it covers the skull. and make sure you end the strands before you get to the bottom/side edge, so the hairs feather out nicely, instead of ending up chopped at the ends.

Luna ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 6:31 PM

I Want To make It Known.....Perhaps I Failed.....But The Fantasy3 Hair Is Not Mine.....I Am Just Trying To Transmap Other's Hair So it is More Lifelike And IMHO...Useable

Luna ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 6:33 PM

Thanks Bloodsong. Thick? Don't i Want Thin Strands? And Do You Mean On The Trans Or The Texture?I Have Been Feathering Both?

ColtCentaur ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 7:25 PM

It looks dirty, greesy, and nasty. Picks you up off the floor It all stuck together at the top in long bands then the 'feathering' at the bottom is off somehow. I can only say to keep tring and bring out your luck charms. -Colt

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 10:48 AM

heyas; yes, thin strands, luna... but make the density of them thick at the top, so there are more strands and less 'air.' otherwise her head will show through and she'll look like she's going bald. :) you might actually want to start with mostly opaque hair, then just feather in some transparency at the bottom edges. are you painting in the kozaburo trans hair style?

Luna ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 4:43 PM

Yes I Am Bloodsong.....Or Trying Anyway. I've Got a 4th Version Done, But It's Not Much Better Than The 3rd Version After Layering Both Text And Trans. Still Pulling Out My Own Hair And Forging On.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.