Sat, Sep 21, 4:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Help with conforming clothes

Webspinner ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 3:09 AM ยท edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 3:17 PM

file_132738.gif

ARRRRGHHHHH!!!!! i keep asking myself what have i got myself into.... I wanted to create Green Arrow but i didn't want to just hav a tex map for his tunic i wanted the real thing.... First off I modeled the tunic myself and I have been trying to make a new figure out of it, For starters, normals get reversed... You name it I've probably experienced it. About 5 days int this I'm still not finished I have imported the file into poser, Crashed a few times, And when I finally got it to work, the seams were bursting all over the place. I've played with the Joint editor,that helped some, but the shouulders were up too far. Summitted for you aproval... A rendering. One hero, Green Arrow, waiting for his leather tunic... Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Web

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 6:21 PM

heyas; what are you modelling it in? first, be sure to build it over the obj file of the figure you want to wear it. (the p4nm, i am guessing). slice the mesh into the same body parts, at the same locations as the original. name the parts the same (as the internal names, which aren't the same as the common names, so be careful.) then plug the new shirt obj into the p4nm cr2 and save it as a new cr2. from there, it might need some tweaking. check nerd's site and poserworld tutorials for making conformable clothing. (oh... steve's tutorial says to plug the clothes into the tuxedo cr2, for male figures. that has more conforming channels, so might work better for ya.) and, embarassing as it may be, it would help us help you more if you showed a picture of it going wrong. :)

Webspinner ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 6:35 PM

Hi to you too! Yeah I know. I thought about that after put the post up so I put it in another post. (I had to show him off sorry...) I'm modeling the tunic in Animation Master, it was the first major thing that I tried to model. When you say plug it in what do you mean (don't mean to sound stupid) thanks again for your help

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.