Sun, Sep 22, 4:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Best app for making forests?

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 6:02 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:47 AM

I have a number of Poser fantasy characters, but no forest to put them in! :-) What should I get? Bryce? Vue? I've never used these before, so anyone around here use thos programs? I'd also like to make city scapes QUICKLY and low-poly for fast rendering. Which enviroment apps would fit the bill, as far as importing Poser figures into, or importing environments into Poser?

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 9:02 PM

You might want to post your question at the Vue or Bryce forum also, Tedbragg. I use Vue on a limited basis, not enough tho, but it make pretty decent landscapes. I've never imported vue environments into poser. I don't even know if it's possible, however, you can import poser pz3 scene into Vue without a hitch. Vue has better lighting and a better renderer. A few of my images in my gallery were rendered in Vue. I am not too familiar with Bryce, since I don't own it. JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

geoegress ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 9:37 PM

look into transpond over at runtimedna- he has some really great plants and trees I use to have about 100mb of free trees of every kind for free but have no website anymore to put them on.

LeFrog ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2004 at 11:12 PM

You may want to try out the demos of both Bryce and Vue before, then you can decide what feels best. But in my opinion, i have Bryce and off course it is capable of very nice sceneries and such but i think that you can achieve a higher degree of realism with Vue (which i also have). But then i don't think i ever gave bryce the chance. -LeFrog

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 4:16 AM

Also Daz has the woodland playset and mystic hollow if you want to check them out.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

TygerCub ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 4:57 AM

I enjoy using Vue4 for scenery. It's easy to use and once the figures are arranged in Poser, the PZ3 imports seamlessly into Vue. That being said, however, I also have discovered the wonderful world of Transpond's trees, fields, and land props. Excellent quality items that can be imported directly into Poser! Love'm.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.