Sun, Sep 22, 4:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Nothing for me anymore. ...not such a bad thing

3ddave44 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 11:53 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 4:24 AM

Well, more and more in the marketplace and freestuff there is nothing for me anymore. You see, I didn't buy any of the Millennium 3 models and much (most) of the content these days is for them. I'm not complaining though. I've actually/probably saved a lot of dough by not taking my poser addiction and poser buying addiction into the "3"rd phase like a lot of you. : ) I'm calmer and now ready to actually use Poser (and all my STUFF) and see what I can do and what's possible. I'm really interested in pulling pz3 files into Vue as Phoul does and making some nice animations. Phew! I escaped! I'm free! : ) Note: this is not meant in any way as a besmirch against MM3-line models and their happy owners. : ) If anything, it's a little tongue-in-cheek. Dave

tedbragg ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:06 PM

I had a buddy let me test drive V3 on his computer... UH-UH. NO WAY am I plunking down money for that thing. V2 and M2 looked much better, and didn't ramrod Poser. I could barely move V3 around in BOX PREVIEW, much less full tracking. This was on a P4 3ghz with 2 gig of ram. So I could imagine what it would do on my lower powered 450mhz G4. I'm like you: I went on a binge for V2 and Mikey, and now there's nothing being developed for them. THat's okay, tho. I'm moving to LW anyway.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:08 PM

I don't mind driving next year's model. If one desires to continue driving one's 1990 Buick for the next ten years, then that's great. It's all a matter of taste. And $$$$$$$$.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:13 PM

LW isn't a 1990 Buick. LW is more like a 2004 Jaguar. Poser is like a Chevy Impala. With a recall on. However, I must say that I've never had any problems with manipulating or rendering the V3/M3 figures in Poser. Vue is great for .pz3 imports.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:17 PM

Actually, I'm driving a 1989 Ford. That way, I can spend all my money on V3, M3, and the hardware to run 'em. ;-)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:19 PM

Now, THAT'S addiction. (I'm addicted, too.)

DarkElegance ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:44 PM

tedbragg....that sounds abit odd... I am runing probably the worse system around. an emachines 500mhz machine with 160 ram and a celeron processor. and I can move V3 around with no problem. some days better then others..but that is because of what I am running in the bg. you might want to try and defrag then shut down any non essential proggies running.

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission open.

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:48 PM

Poser may be a Chvy Impala... but it's got a rebuilt engine, turbo charger and dual exhaust. And it's an automatic. Sure... you're still not going to win against 2004 Jag on a straight shoot.... but a) who needs a JAG to run to the corner store and b) you pay alot less in insurance! =) I think Poser is excellent at what it does... figure manipulation. I can load up a figure, some clothes and do a render all while LW is still loading.... As far as figures go .... if you're 3.0MHz is dying with V3, you have it configured poorly. I run V3 (with all morphs loaded) on a 1.8MHz and a 2.4 MHz in textured mode with no problems at all. It's not so much the overhead, I'm not very fond of the INJ system. I've deleted all INJ poses (all 4930580934589034 of them) and have one V3 figure that has everything... and I just use it.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 1:01 PM

Poser may be a Chvy Impala... but it's got a rebuilt engine, turbo charger and dual exhaust. And it's an automatic. The engine's been rebuilt several times now. And CL deserves credit for the repairs. I'm NOT a CL basher. In fact I defend CL. However, one has to acknowledge that certain aspects of the engine need fixing. And if one can afford a 2004 Jaquar for the purpose of going to the corner store -- why not? I think Poser is excellent at what it does... figure manipulation. I agree.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 1:02 PM

If you prefer V2 and M2, that's fine. Heck, if you prefer Posette and Dork, that's fine. If animation is your thing, smaller is better. But...Ookami's right. My computer's just a 2.8GHz with 1.5 Gb of RAM. I use Poser 5, routinely load V3 with all morphs, and preview at the highest quality. And it's not slow. If your friend uses P5, he probably needs to install the service releases. Either that, or his main runtime's too big, or his hard drive's too full, or something. Something's wrong. It shouldn't be that slow.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 1:41 PM

I hope poser isnt a chevy impala, I cant drive...

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 1:50 PM

I gave up on the mil figures. now I'm addicted to Sixus1 monsters and characters and prop scenes for them to frollic around in. I still buy a bunch of those models for poser, but costs less than the Daz, clothing I used to induldge in. Plus Vicki n Mike have monsters to play with :)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 2:30 PM

I hope poser isnt a chevy impala, I cant drive... All that you need to do is go to your Curious Labs Bureau, and pay your driver's license fee. They don't require any tests, either written or road. Then, you can start to "drive".

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 3:06 PM

How odd, I'm able to use the v3 and m3 and now the steph petite on my old 600 with 256 ram. Wonder why you are having problems on a 3ghz with 2gigs of ram? Marque

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 5:31 PM

Stephanie Petite Rules. -WTB

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 5:35 PM

I love the new Steph, too. She's prettier and poses so much better than her big sister. It's terrible. I'm buying a whole new wardrobe for her...

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 5:41 PM

Before you do that, you should know that it is possible to convert other V1/2/3 clothing to fit her. How? It's not easy, but it's cheaper than buying all new stuff, which doesn't, frankly, seem to be very forthcoming. Not everything will convert, but you should be able to tell fairly quickly if what you're trying will convert or not. All you need is the Tailor, and Poser 5 helps but is not crucial. If you're interested, let me know and I'll post a detailed tutorial. -WTB

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 5:44 PM

Sure, I'd love to see a detailed tutorial. I saw one post about using the Tailor at DAZ, and one about using Poser 5's Cloth Room here, but neither seemed complete. Or maybe I'm just thick. :-)

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 7:06 PM

randy, check the new thread in this forum detailing the whole tedious process :)

_Audrey ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 8:48 PM

I'm passing this on for someone: Tedious but simple. 1) Open Stephanie. 2) Export each of her body parts in turn with 'As morph Target' checked. 3) Close stephanie. 4) Open Vicky. 5) Load up ach body part you exported as a morph target for the corresponding body part. Don't get your sides backwards -- lIndex1 goes to lIndex1, not rIndex1! Name them all 'Stephanie'. Once all 55 are done, create a full body morph for all of them. 6) Save the figure as a new figure. Quit Poser. This gives you a Vicky 3 that morphs to look like Steph. You only need to do this ONCE. Now for the clothing part... 1) In The Tailor, load up your new V3 with Steph Morphs figure that you saved as the base figure. 2) Load up the clothing as 'the dress' 3) Snicker at the 'dress' thing if it's not a dress. 4) Copy the Stephanie full body morph. 6) Save 'the dress', quit The Tailor. 7) Load the clothing figure in Poser. By itself. 8) Apply the Stephanie FBM. 9) Make sure it's zeroed (clothing should be). 10) Export the figure as a wavefront OBJect. 11) Open the Blank Stephanie in a text editor. 12) Strip out all the targetGeom and valueParm lines and materials. 13) change the figureResFile lines to point at the new object you just exported. As long as your clothign item doesn't have any 'extra' body parts (like capes often do), you're good. It should now fit and conform to Steph. Now, here's a bit of special information... If you open up Michael in UVMapper and export his UVs with groups, then you open up Vicky in UVMapper and import the UVs you just exported and save it as a new OBJect, and then if you take a copy of the Vicky CR2 and point it at this new OBJect you made, you now have a copy of V3 that you can morph into Mike's shape, or vice-versa. You can then do the above procedure to let him wear her jeans, or her wear his skirt, or whatever. Of course, this works with SP instead of Vicky, or with the Freak instead of Mike, and (not?) soon enough it will work with Puck and She-Freak, too.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 9:35 PM

Thanks, William and Audrey. It does seem a bit tedious, though. Are there any shortcuts possible? Is there any way for to share Stephanie FBMs after making them, so we don't all have to do it, for every piece of clothing? RTencoder, or something? I know at least one person was offering to pay people to convert her stuff, over at DAZ. :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.