Sat, Sep 21, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: SUCCESS! (was "3DS to Bryce 4 texture question")

DanielChicago ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 1:36 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:41 PM

file_132771.jpg

I finally solved the problem I was having with the textures not being read in Bryce after this police box was exported from 3DSMax. The solution was to open the mtl file in a text editor and manually check each reference to a texture. In this case, none of mine were correct, which is why Bryce wasn't applying them. A few minutes of corrections later, the model loaded up in Bryce, textures and all. Good to know for the future! Thanks to Sarah, aka Caligula, who suggested looking at the models in a text editor. Sarah, you're fantastic!! Thanks for your help. :-) Daniel daniel@danielchicago.com

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 2:31 PM

Congratulations Daniel :) -James

Caligula ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 3:04 PM

You're welcome Daniel. Glad I could help. =-) Sarah

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 3:57 PM

Text editor? Shudders Quess I would have to manually apply stuff still ... Congratulations though

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 01 September 2000 at 8:37 PM

Congrats Daniel, Yes She is fantastic isn't she, We certainly are blessed to have so many knowledgable Artits here at this Forum. I certainly never would have thought of that. Hawkfyr

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Aravenwood ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 10:17 AM

Sorry, stupid question. Where does this .mtl file come from? If it has to be thru poser, how do you make poser export it?

DigitalArtist ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 10:44 AM

Answer: Mtls or material files come from an exported Obj file (wheather it be from poserr or another program) to make poser export materal files....just export something with a material on it as a Wavefront OBJ file g'luck -James

Caligula ( ) posted Sat, 02 September 2000 at 5:56 PM

Thank you for the kind words. =-) Sarah

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 03 September 2000 at 8:27 PM

Cool and Congrats Daniel... Now, how's about writing a tutorial?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.