Sat, Sep 21, 12:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: What kind of wacom should I get??

begga ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 2:45 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:18 AM

Hi you guys... just wanted to ask a simple question.. I have a tablet (Trust 6*8) and it broke sometime ago.. well I cant live with out it and am getting an yearly birthday gift.. a new tablet.. and this time I want it to be a good one.. so I am looking at a Wacom... now I get 200$ and need to find a good tablet for that money... I like the size of my old one and I think smaller than that is to small.... if you have any ideas I would love to hear them.. what kind of tablet are you using.. what size.. what do you think is necessary? Thanks.. Begga ;)

Ciorstaidh ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 3:54 PM

Hi Begga :)

I have a Wacom Intuos2 Platinum 6x8, with pen and wireless mouse. I would be completely LOST without it!!

I think for doing graphics, as you have found out with your old tablet...that nothing compares.

I do everything with it..and it is compatible with all my programs! YEAH!! ;) (Vue, Terragen, Poser, PSP and a host of others)

Hope that helps some. :)

begga ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 4:16 PM

it does.. thanks Ciorstaidh .. the only problem is that a 68 cost 299$.. so what I am thinking is this.. how stupit is it to buy a used Intuos 68 from ebay.. if it looks good and the owner says it's not that much used.. I only want the best I can get for my money.. I have never bought anything from ebay or sometinh like that.. so like before help is very welcome...

Ciorstaidh ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 4:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.stores.ebay.com/twinsunsonline

I know my fiance ordered mine through a company on ebay, and he checked to make sure that they were legit (registered vendor) with Wacom.

They 'may' have used one, I am not sure though. Mine was new.

You can always see if Wacom itself has any refurbished ones. I'm not sure if they do that, but it is worth a try. And that way, you know that it can be registered. :)

begga ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 4:33 PM

Thanks again.. I will look into it.. :

whoopdat ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 8:48 PM

Graphires are good, if a little small. I have a 6"x8" Intuos I got some time back for $150. How? Someone was selling it on Amazon's auctions. It doesn't even look used and it works perfectly, even after a cat left a hairball on it. :/

So, on top of ebay, check out Amazon's auctions. Never know what you'll find. :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 2:23 AM

Attached Link: http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=M&Product_Code=270206&C

Wacom Graphire 3 6x8. warentee. Wacom authorized dealer. $179 + Shipping. Probably find that price or around $200 for one at local compusa, or whatever computer retailer is nearest you.

begga ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:10 AM

Thanks all of you... lol live in Iceland so no retailer close but I will find a way... Begga :)

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 9:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.wacom.com

Go to Wacom's home page - the Graphire3 is $199 new. Not sure what it is outside the USA though, I did not check that. Might be worth a look. TMG

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 12:05 PM

I used a Wacom Artz III (the precursor to the Intuos, I believe) for so many years that I wore pits into the drawing surface. The thing was solid as a rock and still works fine -- except I didn't like the pits. So I found an unused Artz II 6x8 on eBay and got it for 100 bucks. The box was faded and had some water damage from sitting in the person's garage for years, but sure enough, when I opened it, it was like brand new. Everything was there. It's as solid as a rock and works fine, too. Just my experience with Wacom and eBay.

begga ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 12:26 PM

Thanks everyone.. but the problem is solved.. my aunt who lives in Baltimore is going to get one for me and bring it here.. Intuos2 Platinum 6x8 Digitizer Tablet... LOL i am smiling like a idiot now.. thanks for your help..

Ciorstaidh ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 4:44 PM

That is wonderful news! :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.