Wed, Oct 2, 1:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Help with freestuff

Phate_ ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 9:16 AM ยท edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 1:30 AM

Does anyone know of any pages where I can upload models (free) to place in freestuff?

Barbarellany ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 10:41 AM

Go to the Freestuff link and hit upload. It takes a day or two sometimes to appear beause it has to be approved.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 12:21 PM

I think Phate might be seeking hosting for his/her files.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 12:57 PM

Most ISPs give you a small amount of webspace for free with your account, you might want to check into that first :)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 1:57 PM

Renderosity don`t host your free stuff. You have to put the thing on another site and have a link at renderosity only.

Phate_ ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 4:27 PM

yeah I was looking for hosting. As for the ISPs giving webspace with my account, I have a dial up connection :(

daverj ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 10:57 PM

Even with dialup many ISPs (like AOL, Earthlink, etc...) give you a small space (maybe 5-10MB) on their server for you to make a personal web site. Check with your ISP.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sat, 17 January 2004 at 11:38 PM

Renderosity offers a File Locker service to its members for a small monthly fee. Might not be the best deal available in terms of storage and bandwidth, but it's relatively hassle-free. You don't even need FTP client software.

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 7:22 AM
Online Now!

Yes, even dialup users generally get space to for a personal web page. You know, some place to post pics of your kids, or pics of your eBay items. Even AOL gives you a few Mbs for each screen name. If you choose to post free stuff instead, that's your business. ;-) Ask your ISP about it, or check their web site; they'll probably have info about "how to set up your personal home page." If worse comes to worse, you can use one of the free hosting services. That usually means you can't link directly to the item; you have to link to a HTML page first. But it's a fairly small price to pay, if you don't want to pay money. I like FortuneCity.com for free webhosting. Bandwidth limits aren't as restrictive as Geocities or Tripod, and while there are banner ads, there are no popups. FortuneCity's been around a long time, and they are reasonably fast and reliable.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.