Wed, Oct 23, 8:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Image Idea for website **needs critique***

SmileyMax ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 2:32 AM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 6:32 AM

Hey this is an image i threw together for some ideas ffor my new website. I think this is the over-feeling i want to convey... any critique would be apprecatied. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=583264&Start=1&Artist=SmileyMax&ByArtist=Yes

erosiaart ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 2:41 AM

Ok.. lemme see.. - love the blue hibiscus -love the whole feel to it - really busy though..my eyes kept jumping from one item to the other..didn't knwo where to start or finish - could be a bit simplier..there is just too much to see, too much to poke into - a work of graphic art, yes. Smart use of the grids. - red white and blue..lol... u in the US? -focal point? -why do I feel it's top right heavy? - love the work u did on bryce though. Hibiscus on bryce?

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 3:15 AM

Yup, too busy. In my opinion, you'd need to desaturate the colours, except on what you want to stress. Also, the logo/name is too camouflaged in the rest. Bringing the logo out in a (much?) bigger, heavier font would make it the focus of the pic. EA, it seems top heavy probably because the top is a bit lighter and less busy, and so looks more distinct.

-- erlik

Zhann ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 5:20 AM

This would be okay as an entry page, shrunk some with a neutral background and some type of enter here thingy, but you need to make your site user friendly or people won't stay. Some type of site map, it can be a GUI, or nav bar so that your visitors can see where they want to go should be on your index page. Graphics are okay just not so much all at once, you want to invite them in, not strain their eyesight..:) I suggest you check out some of the free web template sites, and the flash ones too. To get a feel for designing your site.....entry pages, site maps, indices, navigation, GUIs, etc.

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

SmileyMax ( ) posted Sun, 18 January 2004 at 6:31 AM

oh yah tottaly i agree without that this is not well "LAYED OUT" for a website, it was actually a background that was thrown together to gain an over-all feeling of were i was going with the website though, thanks everyone for the comment though. oh by the way the website is my GRAPHIC DESIGN portfolio, so that may be slightly influential Devin Taylor Thinking Allowed Graphics

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.